Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, August 1 to Sunday, August 7, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in August 2016
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Kid Krazy Mondays Kemah Boardwalk | Monday, August 1 – Bring the kids to Kemah Boardwalk to enjoy games, rides, and meals at a discounted price. All day.
- Wing It at The Cockrell Butterfly Center | Tuesday, August 2 – Come out to the Museum of Natural Science to watch the release of hundreds of new butterflies into the rainforest. Tickets are $4 for members and $9 for non-members. 10:30am.
- Nature Storytime at Nature Discovery Center | Wednesday, August 3 | FREE – Nature Discovery Center hosts a weekly storytime for pre-schoolers and their parents, grandparents, or caregivers. Storytime may involve visits with live animals, puppets, short nature walks in the park, crafts, songs or other entertainment. 4pm to 5pm.
- Hip Hop Dance Workshop at Discovery Green | Thursday, August 4 | FREE – Make some moves with ADC Studios of Houston through the dynamic and expressive art of hip hop dance in this free workshop in the park. 6:30pm.
- UniverSoul Circus at Butler Stadium | Thursday, August 4 – Go on an unforgettable journey of light, sound, and soul with the folks of UniverSoul Circus at Butler Stadium this month. A big-top spectacle of global proportions, the 2016 production of UniverSoul Circus takes fans on a tour de force of circus artistry from around the world. Tickets range from $45 to $62, but you may find limited discounted tickets ranging from $12 to $21. 7pm.
- Friday Feeding Frenzy at Cockrell Butterfly Center | Friday, August 5 – Bring the family to the Museum of Natural Science to see snakes, spiders, and centipedes enjoy a meal right in front of you. Tickets are $4 for members and $9 for non-members. This event happens throughout the day at 9:30am, 10:30am, and 11:30am.
- Houston Zoo presents Cool Nights: Zoolympics & Kung Fu Panda 3 | Friday, August 5 – Test your strength, speed, and balance, all while learning how you can help save animals in the wild. Plus, stay late for this summer’s last Zoovie Night featuring Kung Fu Panda 3. Tickets are $13 for adults and $9 for children. 5pm to 10pm.
- George Hermann’s 173rd Birthday Park at Hermann Park Kinder Train Station | Saturday, August 6 | FREE – Celebrate George Hermann’s 173rd Birthday at Hermann Park Kinder Train Station with activities such as arts and crafts, coloring, and complimentary face painting. Children 12 and under can ride the Hermann Park Railroad as well as buy vanilla soft serve cups for $1.73. 10am to 2pm.
- Spider-Man Day and Web Sling Showdown at Children’s Museum | Saturday, August 6 – The Children’s Museum will be having a Spider-Man themed day filled with interactive activities, a Spider-Man appearance, and a web sling showdown. Tickets are $12, not including ticket fees. 11am to 3pm.
- Hands On Houston: Luminous Silk Painting at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft | Saturday, August 6 | FREE – Join HCCC current resident artist Madison Creech to create luminous silk paintings inspired by the works on view in A View Within. Learn how to use a Gutta to create a pattern on silk, paint on colorful dye, and watch as it soaks into the silk around your pattern. 11am to 3pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.