Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, August 1 to Sunday, August 7, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in August 2016
Watch the USA men’s basketball team gear up for the Olympics with an exhibition game against Nigeria, get a first look at the Houston Texans, rock out at a Guns N’ Roses concert, dress in your summer whites to head to the Heights annual White Linen Night and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- USA vs. Nigeria Basketball at Toyota Center | Monday, August 1 – Get amped for the Olympics while you watch team USA play Nigeria in this exhibition game at Houston’s Toyota Center. Tickets start at $40, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Mezcal Tasting Event at El Big Bad | Monday, August 1 | FREE to Attend – Raise a glass of mezcal to a good cause and help raise funds to build a library in Mexico by attending this tasting event at El Big Bad. 8pm to 11pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park | Monday, August 1 to Thursday, August 4 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Blue Jays in a four-game series at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:10pm.
- Good Morning, Babylon Film Screening at the Italian Cultural & Community Center | Tuesday, August 2 – Catch a screening of the 1987 Italian American film Good Morning, Babylon starring Vincent Spano, Greta Scacchi, and Charles Dance. This event is part of the 2016 Italian American Film Festival. Tickets are $10, not including ticket fees. 7:15pm.
- Houston Texans Training Camp at Houston Methodist Training Center | Tuesday, August 2, Wednesday, August 3, Saturday, August 6, Sunday, August 7 – Watch the Houston Texans train for the upcoming NFL season during open training camp practices. 8:30am to 11am daily.
- Rob Zombie in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Wednesday, August 3 – Rob Zombie is on the road with Korn and they’re coming to The Woodlands for an outdoor concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- The Pancakes & Booze Art Show at Warehouse Live | Friday, August 5 – Check out work from more than 120 artists as you chow down on treats from the pancake bar during this underground art show. Tickets are $5, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- Guns N’ Roses in Concert at NRG Stadium | Friday, August 5 – Rock out with Guns N’ Roses when their Not in This Lifetime Reunion Tour takes over NRG. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8:30pm.
- Galveston Heritage Festival at Kempner Park | Saturday, August 6 – Learn all about Galveston’s immigration movement through performances from cultural groups and historic tours during the Heritage Festival. Tickets start at $6, not including ticket fees. 10am to 8pm.
- White Linen Night in the Heights | Saturday, August 6 | FREE – Put on your whites and head to 19th Street for shopping, food, art, live music and more during the annual White Linen Night in the Heights. 6pm to 10pm.
Find more great stuff to do this week with our top things to do with kids this week, Weekend Guide for August 4 to 7, 2016 and top things to do in Houston in August 2016.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.