Make the most of your week with our top 8 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, July 25 to Sunday, July 31, 2016.
Happening in This Week
Top 8 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Wing It at The Cockrell Butterfly Center | Tuesday, July 26 – Come out to the Museum of Natural Science to watch the release of hundreds of new butterflies into the rainforest. Tickets are $4 for members and $9 for non-members. 10:30am.
- Nature Storytime at Nature Discovery Center | Wednesday, July 27 | FREE – Nature Discovery Center hosts a weekly storytime for pre-schoolers and their parents, grandparents, or caregivers. Storytime may involve visits with live animals, puppets, short nature walks in the park, crafts, songs or other entertainment. 4pm to 5pm.
- Hip Hop Dance Workshop at Discovery Green | Thursday, July 28 | FREE – Make some moves with ADC Studios of Houston through the dynamic and expressive art of hip hop dance in this free workshop in the park. 6:30pm.
- Nintendo Play Tour at Memorial City Mall | Friday, July 29 to Saturday, July 30 | FREE – Enjoy a unique experience bursting with color and imagination that offers parents and their kids the chance to play some of Nintendo’s best 3DS games, participate in exciting contests, win awesome prizes (while supplies last), and snap memorable photos. 10am to 9pm.
- Friday Feeding Frenzy at Cockrell Butterfly Center | Friday, July 29 – Bring the family to the Museum of Natural Science to see snakes, spiders, and centipedes enjoy a meal right in front of you. Tickets are $4 for members and $9 for non-members. This event happens throughout the day at 9:30am, 10:30am, and 11:30am.
- Cool Nights: Fairytales at the Houston Zoo | Friday, July 29 – Bring the kids for this enchanting evening at the Houston Zoo in their favorite fairy tale costume. Meet Aurora the orangutan and Boga the komodo dragon, and learn how you can help these species live happily ever after. Tickets are $13 for adults and $9 for children. 5pm to 8pm.
- La Piccola Cucina: Cooking Class for Kids | Saturday, July 30 – La Piccola Cucina is a hands-on cultural culinary experience for children aged 3 to 12 years old. Children will wear chef aprons and toques, learn basic Italian language, the metric system, and learn about the culture of Italy while preparing authentic cuisine at the Italian Culture and Community Center. Cost of the class is $45. 11:30am.
- Museum Experience Day at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston | Saturday, July 30 | FREE – Venture through the museum on a participatory scavenger hunt, make buttons, and enjoy food from Froeschl’s Ice Cream and Boombox Tacos. 11:30am.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.
Click here to sign up.