Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston Monday, July 11 to Sunday, July 17, 2016.
Happening in This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Parachute Time with Gymboree at Sugar Land Town Square | Monday, July 11 | FREE – Sugar Land Town Square host a fun day for the kids with activities such as story time, bubbles, and games that will be age appropriate for kids 5 and under. 10am to 10:40am.
- Wing It at The Cockrell Butterfly Center | Tuesday, July 12 – Come out to the Museum of Natural Science to watch the release of hundreds of new butterflies into the rainforest. Tickets are $4 for members and $9 for non-members. 10:30am
- Family Nature Night: Terrific Texas Reptiles at Nature Discovery Center | Wednesday, July 13 – Join the Nature Discovery Center for an exploration of the reptilian friends that our state has to offer. Learn some surprising facts about different reptile groups, and meet a few of them up close. Admission is $10 per family. 6:30pm.
- Hip Hop Dance Workshop at Discovery Green | Thursday, July 14 | FREE – Make some movement with ADC Studios of Houston through the dynamic and expressive art of hip hop dance. 6:30pm.
- Friday Feeding Frenzy at Cockrell Butterfly Center | Friday, July 15 – Bring the family to the Museum of Natural Science to see snakes, spiders, and centipedes enjoy a meal right in front of you. Tickets are $4 for members and $9 for non-members. This event happens throughout the day at 9:30am, 10:30am, and 11:30am.
- Cool Nights: Teddy Bear Bash at Houston Zoo | Friday, July 15 – Bring your kids and their teddy bear to the Houston Zoo to dance in a Teddy Bear Parade, and learn all about the bears who live at the Zoo and how you can help save bears in the wild. Tickets are $13 for adults and $9 for children. 8pm.
- Frozen Day Out at Northshore Park | Saturday, July 16 | FREE – Northshore Park in The Woodlands and Mommy Trade hosts a fun family day of face painting, bouncy houses, giveaways, and a chance to meet Frozen characters Anna, Elsa, and Olaf. 8am to noon.
- MasterChef Junior Casting at Four Seasons | Saturday, July 16 | FREE – Hit reality tv show MasterChef Junior makes its way to Houston to find the best kid chefs in town for season 6. 9am to 5pm.
- Star Wars Intergalactica at Children’s Museum | Saturday, July 16 – Bring the kids to the Children’s Museum for a chance to meet their favorite Star Wars characters such as Darth Vader, Princess Leia, and Chewbacca. There will be crafts, games, and performances as well. Tickets are $12. 10am.
- Lowe’s Build and Grow Clinic and Lawn Games at Discovery Green | Sunday, July 17 | FREE – Bring the kids over to Discovery Green park to build a wooden fire truck and to play lawn games for prizes. 11am to 5pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.