Be front and center for some of the most important games and sports events in Houston during July 2016, highlighted by the Astros, Dynamo, and Dash.
Also in July 2016
July is the slowest month on the American sports calendar – no football, no basketball, no hockey and no major college sports. Thankfully, your Houston Astros are one of the hottest teams in baseball, having gone from last place to a half-game out of the Wild Card in June, so all is not lost.
The Houston Dynamo will host a significant tournament match against a heated rival, and the NWSL’s Houston Dash have a big game on the schedule this month as well. Houston Texans training camp is right around the corner, too.
Even in the dog days of summer, it could be a lot worse here in Houston.
Top 9 Games & Sports Events this Month: July 2016
- Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, July 2 – With so many baseball games to choose from each year, giveaways are a crucial part of the equation. The first 10,000 fans at the stadium for this one will receive a Carlos Correa ‘Rookie of the Year’ Bobblehead from Coca-Cola. Tickets start at $13, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 3:10pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Philadelphia Union at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 2 – Houston is in last place in the Western Conference, but Philadelphia is in first place in the Eastern Conference – with a balanced attack led by midfielder Chris Pontius. A result here for the Dynamo could be a catalyst for turning around their woeful season. Tickets start at $28. 7:45pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners at Minute Maid Park | Monday, July 4 – What’s more American than a baseball game on the Fourth of July? A baseball game on the Fourth of July that falls on Military Appreciation Day, that’s what. The first 10,000 fans will receive a sweet navy blue Astros “Patriotic T-Shirt”, too. Tickets start at $10, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 1:10pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, July 9 – Astros All-Star Jose Altuve is having an MVP-caliber season, hitting and running and doing just about everything at a blistering pace. Get to the stadium early enough for this one and you’ll receive an Altuve Navy Replica Jersey presented by Exclusive Furniture. Tickets start at $10, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 3:10pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Portland Thorns FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 16 – The Dash host the undefeated Thorns on Pride Night at BBVA, where you can get a ticket and “Dash On” pride t-shirt for just $33. Carli Lloyd could return from injury for this one after recently being recalled to the U.S. Women’s National Team. Tickets start at $15. 7:30pm.
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals: Houston Dynamo vs. FC Dallas at BBVA Compass Stadium | Wednesday, July 20 – The Dynamo host their arch-rivals from that city to the north in what might be their most important home game of the season. Can they advance to the semifinals and beyond? Expect a rowdy crowd at BBVA for this Wednesday night showdown. Tickets and kickoff time TBD.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Saturday, July 23 – This game pits the Astros’ Altuve against the Angels’ Mike Trout – arguably the two leading candidates for American League MVP at the season’s halfway point. Plus, it’s Evan Gattis Gnome night presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors. Win-win. Tickets start at $8, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6:10pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 23 – The Whitecaps enter the month of July in fourth place in the Western Conference, led by midfielder Pedro Morales, Costa Rica’s Christian Bolaños and winger Kekuta Manneh, one of the most exciting young players in MLS. Tickets start at $28, not including ticket fees. 8:15pm.
- Houston Astros vs. New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park | Wednesday, July 27 – There’s never a bad time to root against the Yankees, especially when it’s $1 Hot Dog Night at Minute Maid Park. This will be the ‘Stros’ last home game of July – will they be rounding into August with the playoffs in their sights? Tickets start at $12, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7:10pm.