Make the most of your month with our list of our 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during July 2016.
Also in July 2016
We’re in the heat of summer and we know that you’re looking for fun things to do to keep your mind off of the humidity levels. Take your family to the circus, enjoy a cold one at a beer festival, celebrate the release of the new Harry Potter book, enjoy a chef collaboration at Underbelly, take your seat for Wicked, check out a dog show and more at these can’t-miss events in Houston this July.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of July.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston: July 2016
- Fourth of July Celebrations Around Houston | Friday, July 1 to Monday, July 4 – Show your patriotism at one of the many Independence Day celebrations happening around Houston all weekend. Check out the Hot Air Balloon Fest in Memorial City, Kidpendence Day at Children’s Museum of Houston, Freedom Over Texas in Downtown, the Independence Day Parade and Fireworks in Galveston and more all weekend long. Times vary with each event.
- Brew Fest at Watson’s House of Ales | Sunday, July 3 – Calling all beer enthusiasts to Watson’s massive patio for beer samplings, a brew your own beer class, Deep Eddy adult snow cones and more. 2pm.
- Wicked at The Hobby Center | Starts on Wednesday, July 6 – Experience the story of Glinda and the wicked witch of the West when the musical Wicked comes to the stage of The Hobby Center for more than a month of shows this summer. Times vary daily.
- Halsey in Concert at Revention Music Center | Friday, July 8 – Get your tickets now to see electronic pop artist Halsey live. She’ll perform songs from her latest album Badlands at Revention Music Center. 8pm.
- Suplex presents Garage Sale, and So Can You | Saturday, July 9 to Sunday, July 10 – Come out to Suplex HQ to buy a cool artwork for an affordable price at Garage Sale, And So Can You as they showcase the act of resisting to allow artwork and personal artifacts to collect dust. All artworks range from $5 to $200 and artists receive 100% from the sale of artworks. 10am to 6pm both days.
- Comedian Jim Gaffigan Live at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, July 9 – Laugh along to hilarious stand-up from comedian Jim Gaffigan when his Fully Dressed Tour rolls through The Woodlands. 7pm.
- The Greatest Show on Earth at NRG Stadium | Thursday, July 14 to Sunday, July 31 – Bring the whole family to NRG to see The Greatest Show on Earth this month. The Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey are rolling through town with their Circus Xtreme show. Times vary daily.
- H-Town Beer Fest at Jones Plaza | Saturday, July 16 – Gather your friends and head to Jones Plaza to sip on a few cold ones during H-Town Beer Fest. Tickets include 12 samples and a lineup of music from 7 bands. 1pm to 10pm.
- Alcohol Infused Festival at Galway Hooker Irish Pub | Sunday, July 17 – Get tipsy off boozy bites, cocktails, and sweet treats during this alcohol infused event on Washington Ave. Guests will enjoy drinking games, live music, and raffles. 2pm to 10pm.
- Wicked Wine Dinner of Oz at Max’s Wine Dive | Monday, July 18 – Max’s Wine Dive is hosting a themed wine dinner at their Fairview location in honor of the Broadway hit Wicked playing in Houston this month. Come dressed as your favorite Wicked or Wizard of Oz character for your chance to win a prize and enjoy a four-course dinner with wine pairings. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- The Big Show 2016 Opening at Lawndale Art Center | Friday, July 22 | FREE – Kick off the month-long exhibition The Big Show 2016 during this opening reception at Lawndale Art Center. The annual juried exhibition will feature work from artists in the greater Houston area and will be on view through August 27. Opening reception 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Bats, Bikes & Brews on Buffalo Bayou | Friday, July 22 | FREE – Bayou City Outdoors hosts this evening 6 to 8-mile bike ride along Buffalo Bayou with a stop to watch the Mexican Free tail bats emerge from Waugh Street bridge and then continues into Downtown for a post-ride drink. 7:15pm to 10:30pm.
- Koreatown: A Dinner at Underbelly | Sunday, July 24 – Excite your taste buds with flavors from Korea when Koreatown: A Cookbook authors Deuki Hong and Matt Rodbard collaborate with Chef Chris Shepherd on this special dinner. Guests will receive a signed copy of the cookbook included with admission to the dinner. 7pm.
- Meghan Trainor in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, July 29 – Sing along to hits like “No”, “All About That Bass”, and “Lips are Movin” from pop star Meghan Trainor when The Untouchable Tour comes to The Woodlands. Hailee Steinfeld and Common Kings will open. 6pm.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Release Party at Brazos Bookstore | Saturday, July 30 – Preorder the latest book in the Harry Potter series and spend your evening at Brazos Bookstore playing games and trivia in anticipation of the book release. At midnight, copies of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will be distributed. 9pm.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily updates and weekend guide emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.