Pick your team and vote for your champion nation of brewers at King’s Battle of the Brews at King’s Biergarten from Friday, June 10 to Sunday, June 12, 2016.
Prost to a good time at King’s Battle of the Brews, with eight German beers pitted against eight American brews. The two nations will go head to head at King’s Biergarten in a taste-off than spans the Atlantic.
A variety of beer and food will be available for enjoyment while you cheer on your team and indulge in other biergarten-themed fun at this three-day party.
Eight German and eight American beers will be lined up for the ultimate showdown.
Upon entry guests will pick a side and receive a voting card to mark which beers they like best. The winner will be decided based on the crowd favorites. If your team wins, you will be entered in the Mega Raffle for the chance to win a trip for two to Salzburg, Austria to tour the famous Steigl Brewery.
Battle of the Brews
A total of 16 beers will be battling head to head.
- Hacker Pschorr Munich Gold vs Karbach Sympathy For The Lager
- Warsteiner Pilsner vs Real Ale Brewery Hans’ Pilsner
- Paulaner Pilsner vs Saint Arnolds 5 O’Clock Pilsner
- Paulaner Hefewiesen vs Karbach Weisse Versa
- Spaten Oktoberfest vs Alaskan Amber
- Hofbrau Dunkel vs Franconia Dunkel
- Warsteiner Dunkel vs Arnolds Santos
- Spaten Optimator vs Old Chub Scotch Ale
German & Pub Food
A grill station will be set up under the party tent, serving up sausages, pretzels, burgers and sides. The restaurant will be open and available for full service, too.
Beer Fest Fun
The whole weekend will be packed with entertainment. Things kick off on Friday with a ceremonial tapping of the wooden keg at 7pm. Beer from the wooden keg is free until it’s gone.
An arm wrestling competition takes place nightly, with bouts on Friday and Saturday nights at 8pm, followed by a championship match on Sunday at 7pm.
Come dressed in a patriotic American- or German-themed outfit and receive free beer upon entry.
King’s Biergarten Battle of the Brews
- Dates: Friday, June 10 to Sunday, June, 12, 2016
- Times: Friday 6pm to 12am; Saturday 11am to 12am; Sunday 10am to 9pm. The Mega Raffle drawing is Sunday at 7pm (must be present to win).
- Location: King’s Biergarten, 1329 E. Broadway, Pearland, TX 77581
- Admission: $5; limited special online, two tickets for $8. Click here to order to tickets.
This post was sponsored by King’s Biergarten and King’s Oktoberfest. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.