Make the most of your month with our list of our 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during June 2016.
Also in June 2016
Summer is officially here. Celebrate with family at Discovery Green, watching highly competitive soccer matches at NRG, with a couple of cold ones at The Woodlands Craft Beer and Music Festival, at Carnival Houston’s Neon Paint Party, with live music at Free Press Summer Fest, and watching your favorite performers on stage at these can’t-miss events in Houston this June.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of June.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston: June 2016
- Houston Fajita Festival in Humble | Saturday, June 4 – Celebrate this Tex-Mex classic with a day full of interactive games, live painting, grilled fajitas, live music, a kids zone, a beer garden, and more. 11am to 11pm.
- ArtWalk at Galveston Arts Center | Saturday, June 4 | FREE – Stroll around Galveston’s historic district to see art displayed in galleries, art spaces, cafes, and shops as part of ArtWalk. 6pm to 9pm.
- Free Press Summer Festival at NRG Park | Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5 – Rock out at back-to-back performances from sixty bands over five different stages during the annual Free Press Summer Festival. Headliners include Modest Mouse, Leon Bridges, The Chainsmokers, Collegrove, and The National. 11am to 11pm daily.
- Wine and Food Week in The Woodlands | Monday, June 6 to Sunday, June 12 – Attend a wine dinner, enjoy one of the many tastings, hear from a panel of women winemakers, stop by Sips, Suds & Tacos for perfectly paired bites, nosh on a brunch of oysters and champagne and sample food from some of the best local chefs. Locations and times vary daily.
- Carnival Houston in Downtown | Thursday, June 9 to Saturday, June 11 – Carnival Houston kicks off with a Fantasy Costume Ball at a secret location and continues through the weekend with events like the Neon Paint Party and the Street Parade and Festival in Downtown. Times vary daily.
- Saint Arnold 22nd Anniversary Party | Saturday, June 11 – Celebrate 22 years of craft beer from Saint Arnold with live music, a commemorative glass, food trucks, beer pouring competitions, and lots of beer at the brewery. 5pm to 10pm. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees.
- COPA America Centenario 2016 at NRG | Saturday, June 11, Monday, June 13 and Tuesday, June 21 – Houston will host four international soccer teams in two group matches – Colombia vs. Costa Rica and Mexico vs. Venezuela – along with two teams for the semifinal match in the Copa America Centenario this month. Times vary daily.
- Selena Gomez in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, June 15 – Pop star Selena Gomez brings her worldwide Revival Tour to Houston for performances of some of her biggest hits like “Same Old Love” and “Good for You” at Toyota Center in Downtown. You may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 7:30pm.
- The Woodlands Craft Beer & Music Festival | Friday, June 17 and Saturday, June 18 – Head north to Town Green Park in The Woodlands to sample more than 80 beers from 40 craft breweries while enjoying live music from the likes of Journey Agents, Rainchild, Petesimple, Marshall Moon, and more. Tickets start at $29, not including ticket fees. Friday 6pm to 10:30pm; Saturday 3pm to 10:30pm.
- Galveston Cajun Crawfish Festival | Friday, June 17 to Sunday, June 19 – The flavors and sounds of New Orleans will come together in Galveston for this three-day festival of crawfish, live music, and kids activities. Tickets start at $10. Friday noon to 11pm; Saturday 11am to 11pm; Sunday 11am to 6pm.
- Juneteenth Celebrations Around Houston | Sunday, June 19 – Celebrate the anniversary of this historic day with a show at Miller Outdoor Theatre, concerts, parades and festivals in Galveston or a parade in Emancipation Park. 7:30pm.
- World’s Largest Swimming Lesson at Typhoon Texas | Friday, June 24 | FREE – Put on your suit (and some floaties if needed) and head to the newly opened waterpark in Katy to attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the largest swimming lesson. 9am to 10am
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Battle of the Seasons Tour at Warehouse Live | Friday, June 24 – Michelle Visage hosts a night of drag queen performances by some of the most loved contenders from RuPaul’s Drag Race. Tickets start at $37.50, not including ticket fees. 8pm.
- 5th Annual Funomenal Family Festival at Discovery Green | Saturday, June 25 | FREE – Bring the whole family to Discovery Green for music from DJ Astra, dance performances, baby Olympics, foam parties, zip lines, a meet and greet with Belle and Snow White, and more. 1pm to 6pm.
- Houston LGBT Pride Celebration in Downtown Houston | Saturday, June 25 | FREE – Celebrate Houston’s LGBT community in the heart of Downtown at the fourth largest pride festival and parade in the country. 12pm to 11pm.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily updates and weekend guide emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.