Make the most of your week with our top 9 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, May 23 to Sunday, May 29, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in May 2016
Sip on Saint Arnold brews while listening to live beer hall music, get budget travel tips over brunch, enjoy a six-course dinner from Dallas chef Josh Sutcliff, get a sneak peek at the newest car from Maserati, kick off your Memorial Day Weekend and more.
Top 9 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- De Proef Series Beer Tasting at Flying Saucer Downtown | Monday, May 23 – Sample rare Belgian brews from De Proef with complementary food pairings during this tasting event at Flying Saucer. Tickets are $32. 6:30pm.
- Dinner with My Friends at Fluff Bake Bar | Monday, May 23 – Rebecca Masson welcomes chef Josh Sutcliff of Dallas’ FT33 to the bakery to prepare a six-course menu as part of her “Dinner with My Friends” series. Cost of the dinner is $95. 6pm.
- Last Call: Beer & Brass Concert at Saint Arnold | Tuesday, May 24 – Enjoy beer hall music performed by ROCO’s Brass Quintet and unlimited Saint Arnold brews during the two-hour Beer & Brass event taking place at the brewery. Tickets are $35. 6pm to 8pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, May 24 to Thursday, May 26 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play Baltimore in a three game series at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:10pm nightly.
- Houston’s Startup Demo Day at Start Houston | Wednesday, May 25 | FREE – See local start-ups pitch their businesses to Houston-based entrepreneurs at Start Houston’s monthly Demo Day in EaDo. 5pm to 8pm.
- Helfman Maserati Levante Launch Party | Thursday, May 26 | FREE – Get a first look at the new Maserati Levante while enjoying hors d’oeuvres and wine during this party at the dealership in West Houston. This event is free with an RSVP. 6pm to 8pm.
- Wanderlust, Waffles & Wings: A Travel Brunch at Grand Lux Cafe | Saturday, May 28 – Feed your desire for travel during this informative brunch hosted by Deidre Mathis that will cover travel destinations, airlines, budget travel tips and more. Guests will go home with a signed copy of Mathis’ travel book. The event is $20, and doesn’t include the the price of brunch. 10:30am to 1:30pm.
- Memorial Day Weekend Celebrations around Houston | Saturday, May 28 and Sunday, May 29 | Some FREE – Head up to The Woodlands for free fireworks and live music. Or you can go wild on a rooftop in Midtown or head to Washington Avenue for a crawfish festival day party and block party this Memorial Day Weekend. Prices, times and locations vary.
- Memorial Day Blowout at White Oak Music Hall | Sunday, May 29 – WOMH is hosting an epic Memorial Day weekend show headlined by The Flaming Lips and featuring 9 other national and regional bands. Tickets start at $35 not including ticket fees. 1pm.
Find more great stuff to do this week with our our top things to do with kids this week, Memorial Day Weekend Guide for May 26 to 30, 2016 and top things to do in Houston in May 2016.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive a our picks for great things to do in Houston in your in-box daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.