Swarm the East End with a group of fifty people on a theatrical guided audio tour that ends in the Theater District with Alley Theatre’s pedestrian-based Remote Houston now through Friday, May 13, 2016.
Meet up, put on headphones and transport yourself to a hidden Houston on a guided audio tour presented by Alley Theatre that seems to follow you as much you are following it.
The tour begins eerily in the East End neighborhood’s Evergreen Cemetery where a computer-generated voice sets you out on a trail through the city, guiding the group’s movements in real time where those attending will find new ways to participate with the surrounding city through tasks concluding in the Theater District.
The performance reveals facets of the city normally unseen, pockets where crowds gather, Downtown’s underground tunnel system, areas of Houston typically unseen as well as common areas seen through a new lens.
What You Need to Know
Please note that Remote Houston is a live art theatrical experience that includes walking and visual targets throughout Houston. Participants should be able to navigate stairs and unpaved/uneven ground conditions. Those attending are asked to wear comfortable clothing and footwear. Remote Houston contains some language that may not be suitable for young children. Click here for more information on policies and procedures.
Alley Theatre presents Remote Houston
- Dates: Wednesday through Fridays through Friday, May 13, 2016
- Time: 4pm; participants are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the performance
- Location: Participants are advised to park in the Theatre District and board the Metro Rail Green Line (Smith & Rusk) to Altic/Howard Hughes stop for the Evergreen Cemetery; approximately a 20 minute ride. Metro Trains run approximately every 12 minutes.
- Parking: Those attending are encouraged to park at Alley Theatre’s dedicated parking garage and take the Metrorail to Evergreen Cemetery in the East End. Click here for detailed instructions
- Admission: Tickets start at $39 not including ticket fees