Sample local craft beers and good tunes from Houston-area talents at Local Brews, Local Grooves at House of Blues on Saturday, April 16, 2016.
Head to House of Blues for the return of Local Brews, Local Grooves – a festival that celebrates Houston’s many deliious flavors of craft beer and live music.
Bring your appetite, thirst for beer and your love of music for this 21+ event at the downtown music venue.
Sample more than 25 craft beers from breweries around the country – all under one roof. Featured breweries include local favorites 8th Wonder Brewery, Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co., Karbach Brewing Company and Saint Arnold Brewing Company. Other regional craft breweries like (512) Brewing Company, Deep Ellum Brewing Co. and Oskar Blues Brewery will also be sampling beer.
Jam out to live music from 12 Texas bands performing on three stages throughout House of Blues. Make your way to all three stages, or hang out at the same one all night, the choice is yours. Keep reading for the lineup (by stage).
- The Vanity (Indie – Austin, TX)
- Another Run (Rock/Indie/Soul – Houston, TX)
- DEF. (Hip-Hop – Houston, TX)
- Space Villains* (Psychedelic Electro Blues Rock – Houston, TX)
- Deep Cuts (Indie – Houston, TX)
- Race to the Moon (Indie Rock – Houston, TX)
- Duncan Fellows (Indie – Austin, TX)
- Second Lovers (Americana/Rock – Houston, TX)
- Ranson Bandits (Southern Folk – Houston, TX)
- Fox Parlor (Rockabilly/Blues/Southern Punk – Houston, TX)
Crossroads at House of Blues
- Bang Bangz (Electronic, Dark-Pop, Latin – Houston, TX)
- Young Girls (Indie-Pop – Houston, TX)
Nosh on bites like pork belly tostada, wagyu sliders and chili crushed shrimp with crispy rice – created to pair with featured craft brews. Other delicious snacks include a mac and cheese bar, gourmet popcorn, Chicago dogs, street tacos and smoked brisket sandwiches.
General admission includes access to the Music Hall, Bronze Peacock, Crossroads and Foundation Room for $12 (in advance). Bump up to VIP to get early entrance at 2pm, complimentary bites during the VIP reception, a tasting wristband, a food ticket and souvenir for two people ($100).
Sampling wristbands are available for $15 and include five sampling tabs that can be used for beer, non-alcoholic drinks and food.
Not drinking? Designated drivers get free admission into the event and complimentary non-alcoholic beverages.
Local Brews, Local Grooves at House of Blues
- Date: Saturday, April 16, 2016
- Time: 3pm
- Location: House of Blues Houston, 1204 Caroline Street, Houston, TX 77002
- Parking: Parking is available in a connected garage for a fee. Click here to purchase parking in advance.
- Admission: General admission is $12 in advance; $15 at the door. $25 for general admission with a sampling wristband; $100 for a VIP 2-pack. Click here to order tickets.
This article was sponsored by House of Blues. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Sponsored content and advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.