Make the most of your month with our list of our 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during April 2016.
Also in April 2016
Watch the Big Dance come to an end during the jam-packed Final Four weekend, enjoy some time outside at festivals before it gets too hot, celebrate public art in Downtown, see big stars perform live and eat out to support a local AIDS service organization at these can’t-miss events in Houston this April.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of April.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston: April 2016
- Final Four Events and Games Around Houston | Friday, April 1 to Monday, April 4 | Some FREE – Head to NRG for back-to-back Final Four semifinals games and the National Championship of NCAA Division I men’s basketball. Gear up for a weekend of basketball with musical performances from the likes of Maroon 5, Jason Derulo, and Pitbull at the March Madness Music Festival at Discovery Green, catch the free Open Practice at NRG, run in the NCAA Final Four 4 Miler and more.
- 3rd Annual Hermann Park Kite Festival | Sunday, April 3 | FREE – Bring the kiddos, a picnic and your kite(s) to Hermann Park for a full day of kite flying. This annual festival includes face painting, crafts and entertainment for the whole family.
- Mumford & Sons in Concert at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, April 3 – Sing along to hits from British rock band Mumford & Sons during this outdoor concert in The Woodlands.
- Sugar Land Food & Wine Affair | Wednesday, April 6 to Sunday, April 10 – Nosh and sip your way through the many events of Sugar Land annual series of shindigs.
- The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival | Friday, April 8 to Sunday, April 10 – Take in beautiful artwork from more than 200 artists while enjoying live music, family-friendly activities, food and drinks at this art festival in The Woodlands.
- 29th Annual Art Car Parade through Downtown Houston | Saturday, April 9 | FREE – More than 250 mobile works of art will participate in the annual Art Car Parade, relocated to Downtown this year due to the construction on Allen Parkway. Get there early for a good seat and to join in the pre-party.
- Brenner’s on the Bayou Wine Fest | Saturday, April 9 – Sample vino from more than 10 wineries at an outdoor affair overlooking Buffalo Bayou. Guests will enjoy bites like short rib sliders, duck rillette, banh mi tacos and more prepared by some of the city’s best chefs.
- Tori Kelly in Concert at Revention Music Center | Sunday, April 10 – Sing along to songs like “Hollow” and “Should’ve Been Us” when singer-songwriter Tori Kelly comes to Houston to perform on her Unbreakable Tour.
- Art Blocks: The Big Bash in Downtown | Saturday, April 16 | FREE – Celebrate downtown’s newest public art project Art Blocks at this free festival featuring works from local artists, public art installations, a food truck and beer garden, kids crafts and live music headlined by The Suffers.
- Japan Festival Houston at Hermann Park | Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17 | FREE – Hermann Park hosts Japan Fest – where guests can listen to the sounds of J-Pop and J-Rock, enjoy a tea ceremony, snack on Japanese food and watch martial arts demonstrations while shopping for traditional Japanese gifts.
- Carrie Underwood in Concert at the Toyota Center | Tuesday, April 19 – Witness Grammy winning country singer Carrie Underwood perform hits from her latest album live at Toyota Center on The Storyteller Tour. You may be able to find limited discounted tickets on TicketNetwork’s resale market.
- “See No Evil” Black Out Dinner at Big Eyed Fish | Tuesday, April 19 and Wednesday, April 20 – Give your other four senses a thrill while you feast on four courses while sitting in total darkness.
- Katy Wild West Brew Fest at Katy Mills Mall | Saturday, April 23 – Sample brews and enjoy live music as you make your way through this festival that showcases more than 500 beers from over 150 breweries.
- Houston Children’s Festival in Downtown | Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24 – Bring the kiddos to City Hall for a full weekend of fun including rides, games, entertainment and celebrity and character appearances.
- Dining Out For Life at Restaurants Around Houston | Thursday, April 28 – More than 40 restaurants will participate in this annual city-wide fundraiser that benefits local AIDS service organization AFH.