Make the most of your week with our top 8 things to do with kids in Houston Monday, March 21 to Sunday, March 27, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Happening in Houston This Month
Top 8 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Nature Storytime at Nature Discovery Center | Wednesday, March 23 | FREE – Take the preschoolers to the free storytime that often includes visits from animals, puppets or short nature walks. 4pm.
- Free Museum Thursday in the Museum District | Thursday, March 24 | FREE – Each Thursday you can visit many of the Houston museums for free. Hours vary by museum, so click here for the full list.
- Little Art Adventures at Museum of Fine Arts | Friday, March 25 – Take the preschoolers to the museum for a storybook circle, creative shape and color play, making a simple art project, and a tour of the galleries with a Museum educator. Included with admission and reservation. 10:30am.
- Junie B. Jones The Musical at Main Street Theater | Friday, March 25 – Do not miss the last chance to see Junie B. Jones come to live on stage before the show makes room for Harriet The Spy. Tickets start at $16. 10:30am.
- Memorial Park Conservancy’s Kids’ 1K | Saturday, March 26 – Join in a family fun run around at Memorial Park. $10. 7:30am.
- Easter Orange Hunt at the Orange Show | Saturday, March 26 – Search for eggs and oranges at the funky Orange Show. Be sure to also bring your own Peeps masterpiece for the contest that follows. 11am. $5 suggested donation.
- Houston Holi: Festival of Colors 2016 at Houston Farm and Ranch | Saturday, March 26 – Dance, get blasted with colors, catch cultural performances and more at the family-friendly Houston Holi. $10; free for age 7 and younger. Noon to 5pm.
- Frontier Fiesta at the University of Houston: Family Fun Day | Saturday, March 26 | FREE – Head to U of H, for an afternoon of free family entertainment, including pony carousel, petting zoo, kid crafts, caricatures, face painting, balloon artists, trackless train rides and more. The event starts at noon and continues until 1am, but most of the family activities will wrap up in the early evening.