Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, March 7 to Sunday, March 13, 2016.
Happening in Houston This Week
Happening in Houston This Month
With St. Patrick’s day around the corner and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in full swing, there’s plenty happening this week in Houston.
Add in a local brewery’s anniversary, the Buffalo Bayou Regatta, the annual Azalea Trail, and free Sunday afternoon party and concert in Midtown and there’s absolutely no excuse to stay home.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo | Daily – Take advantage of the world’s largest rodeo at NRG Park. Fill your days with carnival rides, fried food, horse shows, livestock shows and shopping, and your nights with rodeo competition and concerts from Miranda Lambert, Pitbull, Luke Bryan and more. Tickets start at $10. Grounds open at 8am daily.
- Ben’s Big Beer Dinner at Flying Saucer Sugar Land | Monday, March 7 – Enjoy five courses prepared by chef Ben Rabbani and paired with beers from the cellar including Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA and Founders Brewing Company Kentucky Barrel Stout during this beer dinner at the Flying Saucer. $80. 7pm to 9pm.
- Hats in the Park at Hermann Park | Tuesday, March 8 – Don your best hat and support Hermann Park at its annual fundraiser Hats in the Park. Tickets start at $250. 11:30am.
- Chopped Viewing Party at Karbach Brewery | Tuesday, March 8 – Watch the season premiere of Chopped – featuring Houston’s own Chef Shannen Tune – and celebrate the grand opening of his new food truck Craft Burger during this viewing party at Karbach. 6pm to 10pm.
- Azalea Trail in River Oaks | Friday, March 11 to Sunday, March 13 – Stop and smell Houston’s beautiful azaleas during this annual event put on by the River Oaks Garden Club. Tickets start at $10. 11am to 5pm daily.
- Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta | Saturday, March 12 – Paddle your way down a 15-mile stretch of Buffalo Bayou, or sit along the banks and watch, as the 44th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta races through Houston. It’s free to watch, $60 to race. 7:30am to 2pm.
- 57th Annual Houston St. Patrick’s Parade in Downtown | FREE – Celebrate all things Irish at this family-friendly parade through Downtown Houston, followed by a day drinking party at Lucky’s Pub in EaDo. Noon to 2pm.
- Easter-ween Car Show and Festival at the National Museum of Funeral History | Saturday, March 12 – Due to inclement weather on Halloween, The National Museum of Funeral History has rescheduled their annual Halloween Car Show to March and as added an Easter twist. Come out in your Halloween costumes for an egg hunt, car show and other family fun. $3. 10am to 3pm.
- 8th Wonder Brewery’s 3rd Anniversary | Saturday, March 12 – Celebrate 3 years of 8th Wonder Brewery during this bash with live music, food trucks and obviously lots of craft beer. Tickets start at $30. Noon to 10pm.
- 2nd Saturday Nites: St. Patrick’s Day in Historic Market Square | FREE – Celebrate the Irish way with live music from the Blaggards followed by food and drink specials at neighborhood restaurants and bars. Venture over to Market on Main for art, shopping and more food. 7pm.
- Vance Joy in Concert at Revention Music Center | Saturday, March 12 – Listen to hits like “Riptide” from Australian singer-songwriter Vance Joy during a concert at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $32, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Wooster’s One-Year Anniversary Concert at Wooster’s Garden in Midtown | FREE to attend – The Midtown favorite celebrates its first year with a parking lot party with live music, food trucks and more. 2pm to 2am.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location and category.