Make the most of your month with our list of our 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during March 2016.
Also in March 2016
Dig into some freshly boiled mud bugs, make your way through a 5k with inflatable obstacles, bring your appetite to a food truck festival, stop and smell the azaleas, get your fried food, carnival ride and concert fix and celebrate a local brewery’s anniversary at these can’t-miss events in Houston this March.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of March.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston: March 2016
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG | Tuesday, March 1 through Sunday, March 20 – Fill your days with carnival rides, fried food, livestock shows and shopping, and your nights with rodeo competition and concerts from Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan, Shawn Mendes and more. Click here for the full list of concerts.
- Organist Cameron Carpenter in Concert at the Wortham Center | Friday, March 4 – Don’t miss your chance to see organist Cameron Carpenter – who’s not only a performer, but also a composer – and his International Touring Organ live at the Wortham.
- Heights Crawfish Festival behind Heights Floral Shop | Saturday, March 5 | Free to attend – It’s mud bug season! Head to the Heights for live music, kids activities, crawfish and other tasty treats during the Heights Crawfish Festival.
- Azalea Trail in River Oaks | Friday, March 11 to Sunday, March 13 – Stop and smell Houston’s beautiful azaleas during this annual event put on by the River Oaks Garden Club.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations Around Houston | Friday, March 11 to Sunday, March 20 – Celebrate St. Paddy’s Day Downtown in Historic Market Square, by bar hopping during Midtown’s Pubcrawl, enjoying dinner and Jameson during the Irish Whiskey Dinner at The Goose’s Acre, drinking craft beer at Saint Arnold Brewery or running in the Half Marathon in Sugar Land.
- FotoFest 2016 at Art Spaces Around Houston | Starts Saturday, March 12 – Check out photographic and mixed media art on the theme of “changing circumstances” during FotoFest 2016. Featured artwork will address changes that our planet will face in the future, including climate change, energy production, the use of human resources, among others.
- Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta | Saturday, March 12 – Paddle your way down a 15-mile stretch of Buffalo Bayou, or sit along the banks and watch, as the 44th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta races through Houston.
- 8th Wonder Brewery’s 3rd Anniversary | Saturday, March 12 – Celebrate 3 years of 8th Wonder Brewery during this bash with live music, food trucks and obviously lots of craft beer.
- Houston Whiskey Festival at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, March 19 – Sample whiskey while hearing from brand ambassadors, enjoying live music and checking out art exhibits during the Houston Whiskey Festival.
- Haute Wheels Food Truck Festival at HCC Southwest | Saturday, March 19 and Sunday, March 20 – Check out Houston area food trucks that specialize in everything from espresso to chicken tenders to Hawaiian food to PB&Js during this annual festival for food lovers.
- 11th Annual Tour de Houston at City Hall | Sunday, March 20 – Tour de Houston allows locals to see the city from the seat of their bike. Competitive and casual cyclists will have the option of riding a 20, 45 or 70-mile route.
- Sam Houston Race Park Quarter Horse Opening Day | Friday, March 25 – Head to the track for Sam Houston Race Park’s Opening Day complete with quarter horse races and 50 cent beer.
- Brunch Run and Kids’ 1K at Memorial Park | Saturday, March 26 – Gear up for Memorial Park’s annual Brunch Run – a 4 mile run/walk and kid’s 1k with a bumpin’ post-race party.
- Bayou Greenway Day at T.C. Jester Park | Saturday, March 26 | FREE – Bring the whole family out to T.C. Jester Park for an outdoor festival with interactive activities, music and food.
- Insane Inflatable 5k in Pasadena | Saturday, March 26 and Sunday, March 27 – Climb, jump, slide, dodge and hop as you make your way through the many obstacles of this 3.1 mile inflatable race.