Get your fill of finger lickin’ barbeque at the Houston Rodeo World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest taking place at NRG Park from Thursday, February 25 through Saturday, February 27, 2016.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is finally upon us. And the 2016 season is starting with one of the most anticipated events of the year – the beloved World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest.
This three-day event is packed with a spectacular lineup of live music performances and teams battling for the title of champion in one of the many bar-b-que categories.
Over 250 teams will be competing in this year’s cookoff at NRG Park, including teams that were hailed champion of the Brisket (Fayette County Go Texan), Ribs (Tejas Cookers) and Chicken (BBQ Commanders) categories.
While the majority of the team tents are invitation-only, the public is invited to enjoy the festival grounds, carnival, food, beer, live music from the Miller Lite Garden and the public tent Rockin’ Bar-B-Que Saloon.
Visit the Chuck Wagon for a complimentary chopped beef sandwich plate – included with your purchase of admission.
Head to the Miller Lite Garden to swarm the stage for performances by artists like the Bart Crow Band, Kevin Fowler, and Pat Green.
The WCBBQ Awards presentation will take place on the Miller Lite Garden stage at 7pm on Saturday.
Click here to see a map of the festival grounds.
World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park
- Dates: Thursday, February 25 to Saturday, February 27, 2016
- Times: 5pm to 11pm Thursday; noon to 11pm Friday; 9am to 11pm Saturday
- Location: NRG Park, 1 NRG Parkway, Houston, TX 77054
- Parking: Parking is available in the Miller Lite yellow lot and the 610 lot for $20. Additional parking is available at offsite shuttle locations
- Admission: Tickets start at $15 not including ticket fees; $5 children aged 3 to 12; free for children 2 and under