Make the most of your month with our list of our 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during February 2016.
Also in February 2016
Whether you’re a hopeless romantic, coffee enthusiast, music buff, wine aficionado, rock band junkie, sports fanatic, or a regular Houstonian wanting to explore the city, you’ll find an event you can’t miss in Houston this February.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of February.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston: February 2016
- Mardi Gras Celebrations Around Greater Houston | Friday, February 5 through Tuesday, February 9 – Let the good times roll at Mardi Gras events around Houston and Galveston. Head to the coast for balcony parties, concerts, parades and more during Mardi Gras Galveston, attend a John “Papa” Gros Band concert or join the free events at Krewe du Blue Mardi Gras Bash at House of Blues, bring the whole family downtown for live music at Mardi Gras at Historic Market Square or continue the celebration through mid February at the Mardi Gras on Main market in La Porte.
- 2016 Lunar New Year Festival at CCC | Saturday, February 6 | FREE – Featuring musical and dance performances from local groups, more than 55 vendors offering art, games, food and prizes, activities for children and raffles with more than 80 high dollar amount prizes, this free cultural festival at the Chinese Community Center is the perfect way to ring in the year of the monkey.
- Super Bowl Parties around Houston | Sunday, February 7 – Chow down on BBQ before the big game and take some home for your party during Super Beef Sunday at Saint Arnold, or enjoy craft beer at the brewery while you watch the game during the Super Bowl Watch Party at Karbach or Wonder Bowl at 8th Wonder.
- Buffalo Bend Nature Park Grand Opening | Wednesday, February 10 – Celebrate the opening of Buffalo Bayou’s newest green space, Buffalo Bend Nature Park – a 10-acre space with new hike and bike trails and a bayou overlook shelter – during this celebration.
- A Proust Sonata at the Wortham Center | Thursday, February 11 and Friday, February 12 – See Sarah Rothernberg’s intricate multi-media performance inspired by the work of author Marcel Proust. A Proust Sonata intertwines text, painting, music and photography to convey the idea that art can triumph. Limited discount tickets available.
- Cirque du Soleil presents Toruk: The First Flight at Toyota Center | Thursday, February 11 to Sunday, February 14 – Experience Toruk: The First Flight – a show that combines Cirque du Soleil’s signature acrobatic performance with Avatar’s storyline and characters – at Toyota Center. Limited discount tickets available.
- Valentine’s Day Dinners, Brunches and Tastings Around Houston | Friday, February 12 to Sunday, February 14 – Wine and dine the ones you love with multi-course dinners, brunch buffets chocolate, beer, champagne, whiskey and wine this Valentine’s Day.
- Million Dollar Quartet at Revention Music Center | Tuesday, February 16 – Don’t miss this performance of Million Dollar Quartet – the Tony Award-winning musical that recounts the jam session between Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley – at Revention Music Center.
- HCP Fine Print Auction at Junior League | Wednesday, February 17 – Support the Houston Center for Photography at this elegant event complete with cocktails, dinner and an auction of photographic art.
- Houston’s Caffeine Crawl Kick-Off Party at Ahh, Coffee | Thursday, February 18 | FREE to attend – If you didn’t get your tickets to the sold out Caffeine Crawl, get your fix at the kick off party and latte throwdown at Ahh, Coffee.
- Rodeo Roundup & Best Bites Competition at NRG | Sunday, February 21 – Sample the best food and wine that Houston has to offer during this people’s choice style competition in preparation for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- Where the Chefs Eat: Houston Culinary Tour with Chefs Michael & David Cordúa | Sunday, February 21 – Take a tour with Américas’ father and son chef duo Michael and David Cordúa as they travel to their favorite spots to eat around town, courtesy of The Wave.
- World Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG | Thursday, February 25 to Saturday, February 27 – Chow down on finger lickin’ bbq from more than 250 competing teams as you enjoy live music and dancing during this pre-party for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- AC/DC in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, February 26 – Rock out to songs like “Highway to Hell”, “It’s a Long Way to the Top” and many others during AC/DC’s Rock or Bust World Tour at Toyota Center.
- Cochon 555 at JW Marriott Houston Downtown | Sunday, February 28 – Feast on dishes featuring locally raised pigs, created by chefs David Cordúa, William Wright, Richard Knight, Justin Yu and Jean-Philippe Gaston, and paired with vino from five winemakers during Cochon 555.