Hear the beloved work of two classical giants with Brahms & Schumann at Jones Hall on Thursday, January 28, Saturday, January 30, and Sunday, January 31, 2016.
Lead by Music Director Andrés Orozco-Estrada who embarks on his second season with the Houston Symphony, Brahms & Schumann features renowned Moldovan-Austrian violinist Patricia Kopatchinskaja.
Kopatchinskaja, who is known for her stylistic interpretations of masterful compositions, will perform Robert Schumann’s brooding Violin Concerto, Brahms’ sunny Symphony No. 2, and Barber’s Overture to The School for Scandal.
The program for Thursday is part of the Symphony’s Musically Speaking with Andrés series which will only include Schumann’s Violin Concerto.
Performance Times for Brahms & Schumann
Brahms & Schumann Performance at Jones Hall
- Dates: Thursday, January 28; Saturday, January 30; and Sunday, January 31, 2016
- Times: 7:30pm Thursday; 8pm Saturday; 2:30pm Sunday
- Location: Jones Hall for the Performing Arts, 615 Louisiana St, Houston, TX 77002
- Parking: Paid lot parking is available in the surrounding area
- Admission: Tickets start at $25 not including ticket fees; click any date under “Times” for ticket links