See the Magical Winter Lights display at Sam Houston Race Park currently on view now through Sunday, January 10, 2016.
Featuring larger-than-life Chinese lanterns that resemble landmarks around the globe, Magical Winter Lights 2015 is upping the holiday light display game in Houston.
The display is laid out in seven themed areas – America and Houston, Magical, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and Dinosaur Land – each with towering structures that are illuminated every evening through mid January.
In addition to spectacular light displays, this festive event also features carnival rides like spinout, tea cups, drop zone, carousels and a fun house, along with performances that showcase cultures from around the world.
After gazing at lights and riding every ride, satisfy your appetite with grub from local food trucks like The Waffle Bus, Happy Endings, Wokker TX Ranger and Ninja Hot dogs. Don’t forget the kettle corn – you’re bound to eat a bag (at least). For a full list of food vendors, click here.
Don’t miss snow sisters Anna and Elsa – who will make special appearances from 7pm to 9pm on Friday, December 4 through Sunday, December 6, Sunday, December 20, Saturday, January 9 and Sunday, January 10.
Magical Winter Lights at Sam Houston Race Park
- Dates: Now through Sunday, January 10, 2016
- Times: 5pm to 10pm Mondays through Thursdays; 1pm to 11pm Fridays and Saturdays; 1pm to 10pm Sundays. Lanterns will be illuminated at 5pm
- Location: Sam Houston Race Park, 7575 North Sam Houston Pkwy W, Houston, TX 77064
- Parking: Onsite parking is available for $10
- Admission: Tickets start at $27; $16 for children 4 to 12; free for children under 4; $78 for family 4 pack. Carnival ride tickets and game coupons can be purchased onsite