Visit these 10 relaxing patios to enjoy the views and weather that Houston has to offer.
One big bonus of Houston’s sub-tropical climate is that even in December you can still find plenty of perfect days to drink and dine outdoors. We pulled together some of our favorites to spend a perfectly pleasant afternoon or evening.
10 Great Bar & Restaurant Patios Inside the Loop
- Bar Boheme – This Montrose bar has a huge patio that is great for catching up with friends or spending time with that special someone. The bohemian vibe, lighting, and atmosphere feels very much removed from the hustle and bustle of Houston. This patio is ideal all year-round, but get there early or finding a seat may be a bit of a challenge.
- Max’s Wine Dive – Both the Fairview and Washington Avenue locations offer patio seating, but the views are uniquely their own at each. The Fairview location is clearly the winner, but no matter which patio you choose the fried chicken and Champagne promise to be delicious.
- Brasserie 19 – See and be seen at this River Oaks Restaurant as you dine on French cuisine with their stunning patio. White tables and wicker chairs create a sophisticated, cool atmosphere. While you sit on the patio and sip your rosé, you’ll feel more like you’re in Southern California than River Oaks.
- Backstreet Cafe – This quaint and cozy River Oaks restaurant is home to a delicious menu by Chef Hugo Ortega as well as one of the most relaxing and popular patios in Houston. You’ll feel right at home while enjoying your meal on either of their patios.
- Batanga – Batanga has a large outdoor patio right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Downtown. The simply lit brick wall, tall clock tower, and red umbrella tables add character to the patio while you dine on tapas and sip mojitos.
- Brenner’s on the Bayou – With scenic and lush views of the bayou, Brenner’s on the Bayou is the perfect patio destination. This restaurant patio offers a serene environment and is a good escape from the busy life of the city. You’ll find it hard to believe you’re only minutes away from the Galleria and freeway traffic.
- The Grove at Discovery Green – Take in spectacular views of Downtown Discovery Green from the Treehouse patio above the restaurant. This patio has ample covered space and is a great way to take in the sights of the park and surrounding area. One of the best options for an after work visit in downtown.
- Avant Garden – Located in the Montrose area, Avant Garden is home to one of the largest and most relaxed patio’s in the area. What was once a two-story home is now a hip bar with live music and an eclectic crowd. Whether relaxing on their front patio facing Westheimer, their back patio, or their upstairs patio overlooking the crowd you’re sure to enjoy yourself. Grab a taco from the taco truck while you’re there.
- Tiny Boxwood’s and Tiny’s No.5 – Both locations of Tiny’s offer serene patios that all in the family will enjoy all year-round. Grassy open areas, covered seating, and cozy mood lighting create a very relaxing atmosphere on these patios; a very at-home neighborhood feeling.