Experience Field of Light at Discovery Green from Tuesday, November 24, 2015 through Sunday, February 21, 2016.
See Discovery Green lit up with thousands of frosted glass bulbs and stems, all connected by a web of fiber optics as last year’s extremely popular temporary public art installation returns.
Designed by British artist Bruce Munro, this site-specific piece which is comprised of 4,500 radiant, frosted glass spheres atop slender stems. They are all connected by illuminated fiber optics, which change hues, patterns in a smooth, soothing fashion.
As dusk falls over Downtown, the fiber optic is illuminated and Field of Light comes alive along the Brown Promenade next to The Grove Restaurant.
Friday Night Sights: Performances at Field of Light
There will be a series of Friday evening performances designed to interact with Field of Light or Los Trompos. Each performance runs from 7pm to 8pm.
- Two Star Symphony – Friday, November 27
- Cirque La Vie – Friday, December 4
- HSPVA Jazz and Dance – Friday, December 11
- Dance Houston – Friday, December 18
- Wildfish Theatre – Friday, January 8
- Suchu Dance – Friday, January 15
- Rainbow on Ice – Friday, January 22
- Aerosol Warfare and Houston Lowriders – Friday, January 29
- Screening of Light: Bruce Munro (60 min., 2014) – Friday, February 5
- Bootown – Friday, February 12
- Karen Stokes Dance Company – Friday, February 19
Field of Light at Discovery Green
- Dates: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 through Sunday, February 21, 2016
- Times: Dusk to 11pm
- Location: Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney, Houston, TX 77010
- Parking: Street, surface lot and garage parking are available.
- Admission: Free