Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston Monday, November 23 to Sunday, November 29, 2015.
Top 10 Thing for Kids in Houston this Week
Happening in Houston This Week
Happening in Houston This Month
- Zoo Lights at the Houston Zoo | Daily –Wonder through the zoo after dark and check out more than two millions Christmas lights, a talking red zebra, ride the carousel and more. $9.95 to $19.95. 6pm to 10pm.
- Frostival! at Discovery Green | Tuesday, November 24 | FREE – Find Juan Carlos the Montrose Rollerblader, ice sculptures and snow. The Ice at Discovery Green will continue to be open daily, starting on Tuesday, including Thanksgiving Day. The festival is free. Ice skating is $14. 6pm to 10pm. Ice rink opens at 4pm.
- A Christmas Carol – A Ghost Story of Christmas at Alley Theatre | Tuesday, November 24; Friday, November 27 through Sunday, November 29 – See a favorite Christmas story with a ghostly twist as this Houston holiday tradition returns to the recently refurbished Alley Theatre. $26 to $166, but you may find discounted $21 tickets for select shows. Showtimes vary.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Wortham Theater Grand Foyer | Wednesday, November 25 | FREE – This event includes costumed characters from the Houston Grand Opera’s The Little Prince and Houston Ballet’s The Nutcracker. Bring gently used books to donate to Books Between Kids. 11am to 1pm.
- Houston Turkey Trot in Uptown | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26 – Before you feast, run or walk in the Kids 1k on Thanksgiving morning, starting in front of Dillard’s at the Galleria. 7:20am.
- 66th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown Houston | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26 | FREE – Start the holiday season at the 66th edition of Houston’s beloved holiday parade, with floats, bands, giant balloons and more. Afterwards, head to the other side of downtown to skate at Discovery Green. Starts at 9am.
- Uptown Houston Holiday Lighting on Post Oak | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26 | FREE – After your feast, head to Post Oak Boulevard in Uptown to see the lighting of the trees, holiday entertainment and a massive fireworks show. 4pm to 10pm.
- Lyle the Crocodile at MATCH | Friday, November 27 and Sunday, November 29 – This is based on the book Lyle, Lyle Crocodile and The House on East 88th Street by Bernard Waber and is meant for families. For kids ages 3 and up. $15. 10:30am. 1pm and 4pm.
- Santa and his Reinsteer at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, November 28 – Meet Santa and his “Reinsteer” longhorn and pose for photos at the Children’s Museum. The event is included with museum admission. 1pm to 4pm.
- Skate with Santa at Discovery Green | Saturday, November 28, 2015 – Stop by the BigKidSmallCity table, lace up your skates and hang out with the man in red. $14. 4pm to 5pm.