Make the most of your month with our list of our 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during November 2015.
It’s November in Houston and it’s finally starting to feel like Fall. Take advantage of the crisp air by getting out and catching a concert, chowing down on some finger lickin’ barbeque, celebrating the Day of the Dead, sipping on a marg or fine wine, doing some holiday shopping, eating out for Thanksgiving and more during events happening this month.
Keep reading to see our list of the top 15 things to do in Houston in November 2015.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in the order they begin during the month of November.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston November 2015
- Dia de los Muertos Events Around Houston | Sunday, November 1 through Sunday, November 8 – Come alive and pay your respects to those who have passed away at Day of the Dead festivities around Houston.
- Food Network Star Appearances in Houston | Wednesday, November 4 and Saturday, November 14 – Catch bestselling cookbook authors and Food Network stars, the Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten on Wednesday, November 4 and Giada de Laurentiis on Saturday, November 14, as they make appearances in Houston promoting their newly released cookbooks.
- Feast With the Beasts at the Houston Zoo | Friday, November 6 – Nosh on food from some of Houston’s top restaurants, sip on fine wine and beer, listen in on Meet the Keeper talks and enjoy a performance by Better than Ezra at the 10th Annual Feast with the Beasts.
- Katy Wine Fest at Brookwood Community | Friday, November 6 – Sip on wine, bid on items in a silent and live auction, listen to live music from Chris Austin Martinez and enjoy bites from area restaurants during the Katy Wine Fest.
- Billy Joel in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, November 6 – Sing along to all of your favorite Billy Joel tunes during a live concert from the singer-songwriter at Toyota Center.
- HTX Bike Fest at Market Square Park | Saturday, November 7 | FREE – Ride into Downtown to hang out with bike enthusiasts, check out more than 50 industry vendors and watch cycling and BMX contests during the 4th Annual Bike Fest.
- Houston Margarita Festival at Sam Houston Park | Saturday, November 7 – Sip on some of the best margaritas in the city, get in on the Limbo contest, enjoy live music from The Fab 5, Bayou City Brass Band and put on your dancing shoes to compete in the salsa competition during the Houston Margarita Festival in Downtown Houston.
- Houston BBQ Throwdown at Saint Arnold Brewery | Sunday, November 8 – Sample ‘cue as local restaurants compete to see whose BBQ dish is the best. The competition will be judged by Houston Chronicle food critic Alison Cook and Texas Monthly food editor Patricia Sharpe.
- The Nutcracker Market at NRG Center | Thursday, November 12 to Sunday, November 15 – Take care of all your holiday shopping by visiting the on by the Houston Ballet’s Nutcracker Market.
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival at Venues Around Houston | Thursday, November 12 to Thursday, November 19 – The Houston Cinema Arts Festival brings more than 50 films along with filmmakers and directors to Houston for one week of screenings at venues like Sundance Cinemas, MFAH, Project Row Houses, the Menil and more.
- The Woodlands Jazz Fest at Town Green Park | Saturday, November 14 – Music from notable artists like the Louis Armstrong Society Jazz Band, Kyle Turner, Mississippi Rail Company, Bayou City Brass Band and more will fill the air during The Woodlands Jazz Fest.
- 20th Annual Children’s Festival in The Woodlands | Saturday, November 14 and Sunday, November 15 – Fun for kids of all ages, the 20th Annual Children’s Festival brings kid-friendly performing and visual arts to the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for a full weekend of fun.
- Via Colori Street Painting Festival at Hermann Square | Saturday, November 21 and Sunday, November 22 | FREE – The Downtown street painting festival is back for its 10th year, bringing art, music, food and drinks to Hermann Square.
- Field of Light at Discovery Green | Returns Tuesday, November 24 | FREE – Bruce Munro’s Field of Light installation will return to Discovery Green to illuminate the park with bulbs and stems connected by fiber optic cables.
- Thanksgiving Day Events | Thursday, November 26 – Celebrate Thanksgiving and the official arrival of the holiday season, starting off with the Houston Turkey Trot in Uptown, the 66th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade and wrapping up with a holiday show and fireworks at the Uptown Holiday Lighting Ceremony.