Head to the Houston Zoo for family-friendly Halloween activities on weekends from Friday, October 16 to Sunday, November 1, 2015.
The annual Zoo Boo is back again this year. Bring your little animals to the Houston Zoo for Halloween-themed weekends going on now through Sunday, November 1.
This family-friendly event allows you to roam the Houston Zoo while trick-or-treating, participating in arts and crafts, learning about the animals who call the zoo home and more.
Pick out a pumpkin to paint, snap a photo in the pumpkin patch and say trick-or-treat at the many candy corner stations to fill up your bag with sweet treats.
Hang out with Zoe the Zookeeper during Howlerween at duck lake. She’ll share fun facts about the diets and habitats of howler monkeys, sea turtles, Houston toads and Attwater’s prairie chickens.
Contribute to the monster mural, get a temporary tatzoo, make your way through a creature maze, and dare to feel what’s hidden in the mystery boxes all weekend long.
On Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 2pm, kids can attend the monster mashquerade for music, a costume parade and Thriller dance along with the Aldine Dance Company.
Family-friendly costumes are encouraged for adults and children. Adults will not be admitted if they have heavy makeup or a mask covering their face.
Zoo Boo at the Houston Zoo
- Dates: Every Friday, Saturday and Sundays through Sunday, November 1, 2015
- Times: Fridays 9am to 1pm; Saturdays and Sundays 9am to 4pm
- Location: Houston Zoo, 6200 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, TX 77030
- Parking: Free parking available near the Zoo entrance on Hermann Park Drive. Additional parking can be found in Hermann Park parking areas.
- Admission: Zoo Boo is included with general admission. $16; $12 for children 2 to 11; $9.50 for seniors 65 and older; free for Houston Zoo members and children 1 and younger. Purchase general admission tickets in advance by clicking here.