Put on your costume, pass out candy (or hoard it all for yourself) and then head out for a night on the town at one of the many parties happening in Houston.
Whether you’re looking to make your way through a terrifying haunted house, hop from bar to bar, have a cocktail with skeletons or go to an all-out costume ball, there are plenty of parties to let loose at this Halloween in Houston. With the haunted holiday falling on a Saturday this year, there’s no reason why Halloween 2015 can’t be the best yet.
For a more family-friendly outing, check out our list of scary and friendly Halloween events for kids.
Pre-Halloween Parties & Events
- Sip & Cycle Halloween Ride at Cottonwood | Saturday, October 24 – Ride around Garden Oaks and Oak Forrest on your bike during the Sip & Cycle Halloween pub crawl. The 12 mile ride will be broken up with drinks at Cottonwood and D&T Drive Inn, breakfast tacos and parking lot parties. Costumes encouraged. $30. 11am to 2:30pm.
- Something Wicked Festival at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25 – Rock out to music during the two-day Wicked Festival featuring a lineup packed with artists like Above & Beyond, DJ Snake, JAckU, Steve Aoki, Chainsmokers, Cash Cash, Tur, Borgore and so many more. Come in costume and purchase glow bracelets that change to the beat of the music – creating a light show across the grounds of the Sam Houston Race Park. Guests must be 18 or older to attend. $149 two-day pass; $249 two-day VIP pass. 2pm to midnight Saturday; 1pm to 10pm Sunday.
- Three-Day Halloween Pub Crawl in Midtown | Thursday, October 29 to Saturday, October 31 – Explore some of Midtown’s most popular haunts with drink specials, free cover and other bonuses at this crawl that starts at Midtown Drinkery. $20; limited comped (just pay a ticketing fee) and $5 tickets available. 5pm to 2am on Thursday and Friday; 4pm to 2am on Saturday.
- The Masque of the Red Death at Prohibition Supperclub | Thursday, October 29 to Saturday, October 31 – Catch a special burlesque performance of Edgar Allen Poe’s The Masque of the Red Death performed by the Moonlight Dolls at a Halloween-themed dinner and show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar.
- Halloween Craft Workshop at TX/RX Labs | Friday, October 30 – Create your own dream catcher while sipping on witches brew punch in your best costume (or regular clothes) during a Halloween-themed crafting workshop. This event is beginner friendly and includes light cocktails. $30. 7pm to 9pm.
- Fanatical Change’s Superhero Halloween at the Diamond Club at Minute Maid Park | Friday, October 30 – Join Fanatical Change for a night of cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, auction and costume contest at Minute Maid’s Diamond Club. Guests will also enjoy live music on the field. Come dressed in costume or cocktail attire. All proceeds go to support Houston families in great need. $40; $150 VIP. Click here to purchase tickets, Save 50% on tickets with promo-code 365HOUSTON. 7pm to 2am.
- 5th Annual Midtown Spookfest at Celtic Gardens, 3rd Floor and Pub Fiction | Friday, October 30 to Sunday, November 1 – Join the biggest Halloween bash in Midtown, spanning three bars with six DJs, a costume contest and more. $10 VIP entrance for all three days. 4pm to 2am.
Halloween Night Parties & Events
- BCO Haunted Hike at Memorial Park – Get dressed up in your best costume (don’t forget to wear comfortable walking shoes) and join Bayou City Outdoors for a hike through the haunted woods of Memorial Park. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Howl-O-Ween at Howl at the Moon – Sip on voodoo bombs and witches brew cocktails while howling at the moon at the dueling piano bar’s annual Howl-O-Ween bash. $7. 7pm.
- History on Tap Costume Party and Beer Tasting in Galveston – Enjoy a tasting of select Bishop’s Barrel and Devine Reserve releases from Saint Arnold while in costume at the historic 1859 Ashton Villa in Galveston. $50. 7pm to 9pm.
- Montrose Halloween Crawl – Visit bars along Westheimer in your best costume during this pub crawl that begins at Poison Girl. Drink specials will be available and awards for the best costume will be given at each bar. No cover. 7pm to 1am.
- Fright Night in the Heights – Travel between Big Star Bar, D&T Drive Inn, Johnny’s Gold Brick and other Heights bars via complimentary shuttle during Fright Night in the Heights. Visit each of the six bars and you’ll go home with a commemorative gift. Complimentary shuttle and no cover. 7pm to 2am.
- Wicked Woods Party at Houston Arboretum and Nature Center – Stroll along a lantern lit trail and visit four stations for bites, beer pairings and information about snakes, lizards and more. Finish the evening with dessert, music and mingling under the stars. Costumes and comfortable shoes encouraged. $75; $50 for members. Preregistration required. 7:30pm to 11pm.
- The Haunting of the Americas at Américas River Oaks – Dress up and enjoy delicious cocktails, wines, bites and maybe even a full dinner at one of the most exotic dining rooms in Houston. 8pm to close.
- Spirits & Skeletons at HMNS – Party the night away to live music at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Spirits & Skeletons features live music from Space Rockers, cocktails and food trucks. $50; $25 for members. 8pm to midnight.
- Discoween at Continental Club – It’s boogie oogie oogie time as the Disco Expressions take to the stage. Costumes are mandatory and funky 70s costumes are encouraged. 8pm to 2am.
- A Disney Halloween Party at Notsuoh | FREE to attend – Don your favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel or Star Wars costume for a night headlined by Disney metal cover band Poor Unfortunate Souls. 8pm to 2am.
- Get Ur Freak On: Club Fetish & Halloween House Party at House of Blues – Embrace your hidden desires as the amazing and eclectic Foundation Room at the House of Blues opens its doors to all for a special Halloween bash with underground 80s and industrial tunes and a few surprises. 9pm to close.
- Leather & Lace Halloween Bash at Bliss Lounge – Dance all night at the Leather & Lace Halloween Bash at Bliss Lounge dance club in Galveston. Costumes encouraged. $5 for men; free for women. 9pm to 2am.
- Numbers Halloween in Montrose – One of the most popular Halloween club parties in Houston, Numbers Halloween returns with a costume contest and drink specials. Costumes are encouraged. $5 cover until 10pm. 9pm to 2am.
- 5th Annual Midtown Spookfest at Celtic Gardens, 3rd Floor and Pub Fiction – The weekend-long costume party continues in Midtown. $10 VIP entrance for all three days. 4pm to 2am.
- DownTownFest’s Halloween Pub Crawl – Dress up and explore Houston’s most densely packed collection of bars in the Historic District around Market Square Park. With Halloween parties, costume contests and more. 8pm to close.
- Return to the Emerald City Halloween Party at Mr. Peeples – Roam the multiple floors of Mr. Peeples and venture into four different themed areas while dancing to music from more than 12 DJs during their annual Halloween bash. $20; $35 VIP. 9pm to 2am.
- Halloween at Pure Club & Lounge – Dress up or down in your Halloween best at two floors of party space with dancing, cash bars and plenty of action. $14.99; limited comped (you just pay ticket fees) and discounted $5 tickets available in advance. 9pm to close.
- Halloween Freak Show at Hotel Zaza – Put some swank in your spook during this costumed ball at Hotel Zaza with late night bites, drink specials and tunes from DJ Lady Buddy. $75. 10pm.