Each week, “My Top 5” showcases an enterprising and entrepreneurial individual from the greater Houston area, sharing their favorite things to do in their down time. With a nod to this week’s King’s Oktoberfest Kickoff Weekend in Pearland, we’re pleased to feature King’s Biergarten owner Hans Sitter, who shares his favorite activities and destinations in southeast of Houston.
My Top 5 Things to Do in Houston
by Hans Sitter
- San Luis Hotel in Galveston – When I want to get away somewhere local, this is where I stay. It’s easy to just lounge by the pool and rejuvenate at the spa.
- Writing – I just recently starting writing books about my life story, which I call “The Thrill of The Ride.” The Last Days in Monaco is my first published book. It tells about how I lost three million dollars in one day and was wanted by the government. It’s the story of how that happened in my life.
- Fitness – When I was 55 years old, I looked at myself and couldn’t believe what I saw. I’m 62 years old now and really in better shape then in my 30s. My regimen is to drink lemon water in the morning, go for a one-mile run, and do exercise with my body weight. My secret to get started is as soon as I wake up, I start doing ab exercise in my bed.
- Sundance Grille – My buddy Hans Mair owns this restaurant. They’ve got a pool, patio overlooking the water, and a great mix on their menu. It’s my go-to spot to have a glass of wine with my friends in the Clear Lake area.
- Riondo’s Ristorante Bar and Grill in Galveston – If you want fresh, authentic Italian food, this is the spot. Just ask for my friend, chef and owner Enrico and close your menu. He’ll personally make you as many courses you want from scratch. You have to try his grilled octopus.