Make the most of your week with our top event picks happening in Houston from Monday, September 7 to Sunday, September 13, 2015.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top Things With Kids This Week
365 Weekend Guide
Top 8 Things to Do This Week with Kids in Houston
- Toddler Tuesday: Celebrating Heros at Discovery Green | Tuesday, September 8 | FREE – Enjoy story time and take photos with some of the vehicles driven by our soldiers. Remember to bring your old books to swap for new ones each week. 10:30am.
- Immersive Peter Pan 360 at the Threesixty Theatre Tent | Daily beginning Tuesday, September 8 – Older kids will marvel at this trip to London and Neverland with Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and the Darling children at this stunningly immersive production in an air-conditioned pop-up theater tent, complete with multimedia projections, puppets and more. $35 to $90; the more expensive seats are discounted to $27.50 to $58.50 for a limited time. Times vary.
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid at Hobby Center | Thursday, September 10 to Sunday, September 13 – Journey under the sea with Ariel, Sebastian and more at Theatre Under the Stars encore presentation of the stage adaption of the beloved Disney musical. $30 to $124.50; limited discounted $28 to $64 tickets available. Showtimes vary.
- Owl Prowl at the Nature Discovery Center | Friday, September 11 – Explore the park after dark and spy nocturnal creatures. Reservations required. $5. 8pm.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 12 | FREE – Participate in this free weekly Writers in the Schools writing workshop, limited to the first 25 kids to arrive. 10:30am.
- Learn a Language at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 12 | FREE – Kids can learn Spanish at this free weekly class. 11:30am.
- Creation Station: Himalayan Masks at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, September 12 | FREE – Make bright, colorful Himalayan masks and enjoy a storytelling hour at this free event from Asia Society. RSVPS required. 12:30pm.
- Reptile Rendezvous at the Nature Discovery Center | Sunday, September 13 – Get hands-on with the animals and learn about the reptiles that call the center home. $5. 2pm.