Of all the pressures associated with planning a date, the cost should not be one of them. Rather than break the bank, here are some ideas for dates that are friendly to the wallet.
9 Cheap and Free Day Ideas in Houston
- Free Museum Days – Houston has a great museum district that often brings amazing exhibits. For a budget friendly visit to the museum, opt to check them out on the free days. You can still show your patronage by making donations as well. Several are free everyday, while others have specific days (most on Thursdays) that are free.
- Houston B-Cycle – At a very reasonable rate of $5 for 24 hours, you can rent a Houston B-Cycle and explore the city. Not only inexpensive, it’s fun and interactive. You’re sure to discover parts of the city from a different point of view.
- Picnic in the Park – With so many beautiful and different types of parks in Houston, including Menil Park, Helen’s Park and more, plenty of time can be spent visiting each one. You can plan to pack a picnic while you take in the sights of the park. Prepping a meal to bring along adds to the experience of the date.
- Budget Movies – A classic date idea is going to watch a movie. However, movie prices have gone up in recent times. Rather than spend a fortune on movie tickets, some theatres offer special pricing on various days of the week and before certain times. Star Cinema Grill has $6.50 movies all day on Tuesdays and Thurdays while Studio Movie Grill offers $6 ticket prices daily before noon. You can catch the latest movies for a fraction of the cost.
- Yoga – Get mentally and physically refreshed by taking a yoga class together at Big Power Yoga and grabbing a replenishing juice after your session. To make this date budget friendly, you can take one of their new teacher classes that are offered daily for $5.
- City Views from Chase Tower – If you can handle being 60 stories up in a skyscraper, the observation deck at the Chase Tower downtown will provide amazing views of the city. This will make for great conversation, views, and dare we say… selfies. Frankly, any picture take from here will be amazing.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park – Have some fun jumping on trampolines, doing flips and playing dodge ball at Sky Zone. It’ll take you back to your childhood days. This is a fun, no frills date idea that could even be shared with a group, making it a double date possibility.
- Live Music – The city offers many opportunities to listen to really talented musicians perform live. Step into bars such as The Big Easy for a night of live blues from some of the best bands in town. You may want to work on your dance moves before this date.
- Taco Tuesdays – Houston restaurants usually have specials on Taco Tuesday for margaritas and tacos. Why not make it a date night to hop around to a few different locations for some booze and bites? For usually about $1 to $2 per taco, this is quite the deal.
Not every date needs to break the bank, get creative and remember it’s all about the experience!