Make the most of your week with our top event picks happening in Houston from Monday, July 20 to Sunday, July 26, 2015.
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Two for Tuesdays at the Downtown Aquarium | Tuesday, July 21 – Visit the Aquarium for half the price (with coupon). Get buy-one-get-one-free admission to the shark train, rides, stingray tank and aquarium. $18.99 for two people with coupon. Click here for coupon. 10am to 9pm.
- Family Storytime Circle at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Tuesday, July 21 – Read a story in the galleries and learn about the art on display. Free with museum admission. 11am.
- Children’s Hilltop Festival at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Tuesday, July 21 to Friday, July 24 | FREE – Each morning, families can enjoy a show at Hermann Park. Arrive early for a spot under the roof, or arrive anytime to sit on the hill. 11am.
- Pop Shop Houston at Morris Frank Library HPL Express | Wednesday, July 22 | FREE – Make mobiles and garlands from paint samples at the Houston Library.
- Free Admission at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Thursday, July 23 | FREE – Visit many of Houston’s museums for free on Thursdays each week, including the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) with Shadow Monsters and Summer Art Explorer. MFAH open 10am to 9pm. Art Explorers 11am to 2pm.
- Cool Nights & Zoovie Night at the Houston Zoo | Friday, July 24 – Cool off at the Houston Zoo each Friday night. It’s open late with extra activities for the family. This week the theme is sports… and includes a Zoovie Night. Bring a blanket and watch Sandlot! Activities are included with zoo admission. 5pm to 8:30pm.
- Fire & Ice at Discovery Green | Saturday, July 25 | FREE – Mad Science will fill the Discovery Green Library with experiments, and indoor firework show and a bubbling potion. 12:30pm.
- Hike It Baby Hike at Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary | Saturday, July 25 | FREE – Get the entire family outside and exercising with a Hike It Baby Hike. Family hikes take place several times a week, including Saturday at the Nature Sanctuary. 9am.
- Fancy Nancy: The Musical at Main Street Theater | Saturday, July 25 – This show is meant for families and wiggling and giggling is expected! Little girls love Fancy Nancy, but even little boys can appreciate the shark in this show. $15.00. 10:30am, 1:00pm and 4:00pm.