Celebrate Independence Day Weekend with three days of 4th of July fun including fireworks, parades, concerts and more from from Friday, July 3 to Sunday, July 5, 2015.
With the 4th of July falling on a Saturday, it’s only natural that Independence Day become a weekend-long affair.
While most of the events are still on the 4th of July itself, patriotic flag-wavers will find plenty to keep them entertained all weekend.
Friday, July 3, 2015
- Red, White and Zoo at the Houston Zoo – The Zoo is staying open late for you and your family to celebrate the 4th of July. Kids can make flags, march to music from a brass band and parade around the Reflection Pool. You’ll also have the opportunity to hear from Keepers of red, white and blue animals. 5pm to 8:30pm.
- July 4 Weekend Celebration at CityCentre | FREE to attend – Enjoy live music from Texas Unlimited Band on Independence Eve at CityCentre during the July 4th Weekend. 7pm to 11pm.
- Star Spangled Salute at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | FREE – Hear a selection of patriotic tunes from the Houston Symphony during the Star Spangled Salute in The Woodlands. This event has been a tradition at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for 25 years. 8pm.
Independence Day, July 4, 2015
- First Saturday Arts Market: Independence Day Edition in The Heights | FREE to attend – Browse and enjoy delicious bites and live music at the First Saturday Arts Market in the Heights. 9am to 1pm.
- Katy Freedom Celebration at the VFW Park and Katy Fire Station | FREE – Families can enjoy playtime with bounce houses, a petting zoo, VFW ceremony, fire station tours and free hot dogs. 9am to 1pm.
- 4th of July Parade in La Porte | FREE – Enjoy a procession of patriotic displays, performances and community goodwill in La Porte’s historic downtown. 10am.
- Kidpendence Day at Children’s Museum of Houston – Kids won’t want to miss this epic Independence Day celebration at the Children’s Museum of Houston. With music from the High Steppers Brass Band and a patriotic elephant toothpaste and soda geyser showdown, this event will go out with a bang. Free with museum admission. 10am to 6pm.
- Red, White and Brooks at Quattro Restaurant – Stop at the Four Seasons Hotel before heading to the Garth Brooks concert to enjoy barbeque, live music and dancing and take advantage of free parking at the hotel. Purchase a beverage package to accompany the ‘que. $39 for BBQ; $25 for drink package. 4pm both nights.
- 4th of July Celebration at Bayou Bend | FREE – Take in Americana performances, crafts and activities and sign a giant Declaration of Independence during the 4th of July Celebration at Bayou Bend. 1pm to 5pm.
- Freedom Over Texas Celebration at Eleanor Tinsley Park – Spend the 4th of July at the Southwest Airlines Freedom Over Texas Celebration headlined by country singers Clint Black and Josh Turner at Eleanor Tinsley Park. Activities during this festive occasion include the Walmart All-American Kids Zone, Bud Light Lime-A-Rita Beach Bash, Dr Pepper One of a Kind Zone and a spectacular fireworks show to end the evening. $8 in advance; $10 at the gate; ages 5 and under admitted free with paying adult. 4pm to 10pm.
- Fourth of July Celebration in Webster | FREE – Enjoy summer fun, including free watermelon and snow cones at a late afternoon and evening party in the park, followed by fireworks at 9:15pm.
- Burgers & Brew Bus Tour with the Houston Wave – Meet at Silver Street and climb aboard the Houston Wave to head to BRC Gastropub for a burger and beer pairing and then Buffalo Bayou Brewery for a tour and tasting. Stick around after the tour for a private fireworks viewing and parking lot party. The tour is only for guests 21 and older, but the fireworks viewing party is for all ages. $60; additional $10 for fireworks viewing. 5pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Van Winkle Release Party at Reserve 101 – Savor the entire 2014 Van Winkle and Antique Collection line when it is released exclusively at Houston’s whiskey headquarters. First come, first served and when they’re gone, they’re gone. Starts at 5pm.
- Red, Hot & Blue Festival and Fireworks Extravaganza in The Woodlands | FREE – Enjoy live music, face painting, performers, watermelon eating contests and concessions at the Red, Hot & Blue Festival along The Woodlands Waterway. The Fireworks Extravaganza will begin at dusk. 6pm.
- Bands on the Sand in Galveston – Listen to rock from Rat Ranch and enjoy the post show fireworks during this concert on the water at Moody Gardens’ Palm Beach. This event is part of the Bands on the Sand series. $12; concert included with day pass and memberships. 6pm.
- July 4 Weekend Celebration at CityCentre | FREE to attend – Enjoy live music from the Marcus Eldridge Band, with a fireworks spectacular at 9:30pm.7pm to 11pm.
- 4th of July Fireworks on the Beach in La Porte | FREE – Rock out to live music, followed by a fireworks show over the bay. 7pm to 9:30pm. Fireworks estimated at 9pm.
- Garth Brooks in Concert at the Toyota Center – Spend your 4th with American country legend Garth Brooks perform with his wife Trisha Yearwood. Tickets start at $61, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork or Ticket Monster’s resale sites. 7pm and 10:30pm.
- Independence Day Parade and Fireworks in Galveston | FREE – Watch the Independence Day Parade travel down Seawall Boulevard and end the evening with a 20 minute fireworks show over the Gulf of Mexico in Galveston. 7:30pm.
- Red, White, Blues & Brews at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE to Attend – If you don’t care for fireworks, but still want to celebrate the 4th in a big way, head to the Sugar Land Town Square for Red, White, Blues & Brews. Enjoy live music from 33 1/3 RPM along with beer and food from Baker Street Pub. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- The Moonlight Show: July 4th Edition at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar | FREE for Active Military and Veterans – Enjoy an indoor Fourth of July spectacular as Prohibition Supperclub & Bar presents a special patriotic performance featuring the Moonlight Dolls and guest burlesque performer Kitty Kitty Bang Bang. Tickets range from $22 to $60 for civilians and can be ordered online here. Active military and veterans are invited to complimentary shows and must RSVP by emailing [email protected]. 7pm and 9:30pm.
- Summer Symphony Nights: Star Spangled Salute at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Take in patriotic music and a fireworks display on the hillside during the Houston Symphony’s Star-Spangled Salute at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm.
- The Katy Freedom Celebration Fireworks | FREE – Katy’s annual fireworks show lights up the sky over Katy Mills Mall. 9:30pm.
Sunday, July 5, 2015
- All American Brunch at Pax Americana in Montrose – Pax Am’s Chef Adam Dorris pulls out all the stops to provide a one of a kind brunch experience to recover from the Independence Day celebrations. 11am to 4pm.
- July 4 Weekend Celebration at CityCentre – Enjoy Jimmy Buffett-style live music from The Coconuts as CityCentre closes out their Independence Day Weekend party. 5pm to 8pm.