Celebrate Houston Pride 2015 with more than a week’s worth of events, parties, celebrations and activities lasting until Sunday, June 28, 2015.
Every year, Houston’s Gay Pride celebrations get bigger, with the official week spanning the second half of June.
This year, the official party has relocated from it’s spiritual home in Montrose to the big city streets of Downtown. The official Houston Pride Festival will be held in Hermann Square Park, in front of City Hall, while the evening parade follows it in Downtown.
We’ve pulled together a list of the main events to keep you busy just about every night through the end of June.
Friday, June 12, 2015
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | FREE – Show your true colors during this annual citywide LGBT celebration at Discovery Green. Rainbow on the Green features music and dancing with performances by Derrick Barry as Lady Gaga and Britney Spears and Coco Montrese, one of RuPaul’s Drag Race top 5 contestants. Get your game on in the Houston Gaymers area. $25 VIP. 7pm.
Sunday, June 21, 2015
- Salvation: A Pride Pool Party at HI Houston in Montrose – DJ music keeps the fun going at this afternoon pool party with drinks included and many bodies in skimpy bathing suits. $25 at the door. 1pm to 6pm.
Monday, June 22, 2015
- Dine with Pride at Graffiti Kitchen and Bar – Support Pride Houston by dining at Gratifi Kitchen and Bar in Montrose, where 3% of the day’s food sales go to support this year’s and future pride events. 10am to 10pm.
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
- Pride Superstart Competition Finale at South Beach – See the final completion as talented Houstonians compete for the official title of Pride Superstar 2015. 9:30pm.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
- Eden: a Pride Girl Party at the Pearl Bar – The girls of Houston’s LGBT community are the focus of the third annual edition of this official Gay Pride party that welcomes everyone. $5 at the door. 7:30pm to 11pm.
Thursday, June 25, 2015
- Rock the Runway at Audi Central Houston | FREE – Enjoy an open bar and tasty bites at this event that features some of Houston’s hottest models walking the catwalk in this summer’s latest styles in underwear, swimwear and everything else. 8pm to 11pm.
Friday, June 26, 2015
- Wonderland Houston 2015 at South Beach – The music will be thumping at the annual Winter Wonderland party with confetti, lasers, fog and snow. 18 and up admitted. $40 at the door; $30 in advance. 9pm to 3am.
Saturday, June 27, 2015
- Houston LGBT Pride Celebration | FREE – Join more than 400,00 people at the main Pride event, this year relocated to Downtown from Montrose due to the event’s increasing size and popularity. Noon to 7pm.
- Lobby Lounge Party at the Four Seasons Hotel Houston | FREE – The first floor welcomes parade-goers and revelers for drinks and dancing, with music from DJ Brad Janacek. Starts at 8pm.
- Houston LGBT Pride Parade | FREE – The ever-growing festive procession takes over Downtown as GLBT Houstonians, out-of-town visitors and their friends and family of every persuasion take in the show. This year, the parade begins at Milam and Walker, heads down Walker and turns lefts onto Smith, then continue on to its conclusion at Pease. 8:30pm to 11pm.
- Official Houston Pride Afterparty at South Beach – Keep the aprty going into the wee hours at the de facto official headquarters for Houston Pride.10pm to 3am.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
- Heroes Tea Dance at FBar – Live it up at Pride Houston’s official closing party. $5 donation at the door goes to support Bering Omega Community Services, which supports people living with HIV/AIDS. 5pm to 3am.