Celebrate 100 years of those who bravely served our country Saturday, May 23, and Memorial Day, Monday, May 25, 2015, at George Ranch Historical Park.
Explore the holiday’s roots as Decoration Day, see authentic uniforms from four different conflicts, and participate in a traditional Decoration Day ceremony at the 1890s Davis Mansion. A special poppy-making activity takes place at the 1930s George Home and a historic picnic lunch is offered at midday.
Spend the day exploring four historic home sites and one family’s journey spanning four generations before or after your lunch, plus costumed interpreters, blacksmithing demonstrations, livestock, and more.
Memorial Day Remembrance Events at George Ranch Historical Park
- Dates: Saturday, May 23 and Monday, May 25, 2015
- Hours: 9am to 5pm
- Location: 10215 FM 762 Road., Richmond, TX 77469
- Admission: $10 adults; $9 ages 62 and up; $5 ages 5 to 15; free for ages 4 and under; free for Fort Bend County Museum Association members.
- Lunch Cost: $15 ages 13 and up; $14 ages 62 and up; $12 ages 5 to 12; $4 ages 4 and under.
- Lunch Reservations Required: Call 281-343-0218 to purchase tickets