Sample tequila and margaritas while you shop vendor booths, listen to live music and eat delicious Mexican food during the Texas Tequila and Margarita Festival in Galveston on Friday, June 19 and Saturday, June 20, 2015.
Come thirsty to this two-day festival celebrating tequila tasty margs at Moody Gardens in Galveston.
Events at the Texas Tequila & Margarita Festival in Galveston
- Tour de Tequila | Friday June 19 – Kick the weekend off with Tour de Tequila, where you’ll sample bites from local chefs paired with anejo, blanco and reposado tequila from brands like Casa Sauza, Herradura, Riazul and more. During this event, guests will learn how to properly taste tequila and about the distilling process that leads to different tequila types.
- Margarita Grand Tasting | Saturday, June 20 – Sample margs to see which restaurant, bar or individual makes the best margarita during the Saturday afternoon Margarita Grand Tasting. Restaurants participating in this year’s contest include Chuy’s, Number 13, Lupe Tortilla, Iguanas Ranas Cantina and more. Judges will award cash prizes to first, second and third place for the best margarita made by a restaurant/bar and the best margarita made by an individual. Pay for your vote towards the “People’s Choice” award and 100% of the money collected will be donated to Lemonade Day Galveston.
- The Outdoor Festival | Saturday, June 20 – Located between the Moody Gardens Hotel and Palm Beach, the Outdoor Festival will host a stage for live music, shopping area designed to look like a market in a Mexican village, food and beverages from noon to 10pm. Patrons can jam out to reggae, indie rock and blues music from bands like Wild Moccasins, Free Radicals, Texas Tornados and Cassette Tape. Food options range from tamales to carnival fare like sausage-on-a-stick and funnel cakes. Stick around for the fireworks show that will close out the festival on Saturday evening.
A $15 ticket – free for children 12 and under – will get you into the Outdoor Festival on Saturday. If you’re the designated driver for the weekend, you can score a $10 designated driver pass. $35 tickets are available for the Margarita Grand Tasting and Saturday admission, while $60 tickets can be purchased for the Tour de Tequila event and Saturday admission. A weekend pass, which includes admission to all three events, is available for $75.
Texas Tequila and Margarita Festival at Moody Gardens
- Dates: Friday, June 19 and Saturday, June 20, 2015
- Times: 7pm to 11pm Friday; noon to 10pm Saturday
- Location: Moody Gardens, 1 Hope Blvd., Galveston, TX 77554
- Parking: Free parking available.
- Admission: $15; $10 designated driver weekend pass; free for children 12 and under; $35 Margarita Grand Tasting and Saturday admission; $60 Tour de Tequila and Saturday admission; $75 weekend pass including Margarita Grand Tasting and Tour de Tequila. Tickets can be purchased in advance by clicking here.
This post was sponsored by the Texas Tequila & Margarita Festival. Per our advertising policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for Houstonians and Houston visitors.