Dust off your reading list and crack open some classics at five great Houston bookshops.
The summer rains are officially here and the humidity is seeping through every window and door crack. Get out of the elements and steal some A/C at some stellar bookshops, perfect for getting ahead on that summer reading list.
5 Chilled Out Bookshops in Houston
- Brazos Bookstore – A popular destination for Houstonians, the West U bookshop hosts weekly events like live readings and book clubs.
- Half Price Books – The Montrose location is right across the street from Blacksmith coffee, so it’s perfect for grabbing a hot cup and heading over for hours of reading in the aisles.
- Blue Willow Bookshop – The West Houston bookshop sports a floor-to-ceiling offering of books, magazines, and games. Avid readers should join clubs like “Coffee Cake Book Club” or “Tough Broads Out at Night.”
- Kaboom Books – Located in Woodland Heights, Kaboom touts more than 100,000 selections in its inventory. Go for poetry slams, readings, and a low-key vibe perfect for hanging out this summer.
- The Book Attic – Up in Tomball, The Book Attic is host to more than 150,000 books in stock. Take your trade-ins for a little extra cash or trade up for those classics on your list.