Sun’s out, guns out! School is ending and summer is beginning in Texas. It’s time to celebrate the season with a day at the beach at some of Texas’ best beaches.
5 Great Texas Beaches for Summer Fun
More About 5 Texas Beach Destinations
- Galveston, East Beach – A popular destination for Houstonians, Galveston’s East Beach sees crowds of beach bums because of its close proximity to the city. Head about an hour southeast down the 45 for summer fun.
- Mustang Island – With more than five miles of coastline, families have room to roam and comb. Hang out on the beach, fish in the bay, and explore this island park just off Corpus Christi.
- Surfside Beach – About an hour southwest of Houston, Surfside Beach is a calmer beach and more low key for those who don’t want to see crowds.
- South Padre Island – Maybe not the most family-friendly beach spot in Texas, South Padre is a party-goers delight. Known for its Spring Break festivities, South Padre may be best for college kids finally getting the led out.
- Crystal Beach – Up the coast from Galveston and south of Beaumont, Crystal Beach is perfect for lazy summer days. Enjoy activities like birdwatching, shelling, crabbing, and fishing with fellow summertime revelers.