At the top of each week “My Top 5” showcases enterprising and creative Houstonians making things happen in H-Town, revealing their favorite things to do in their down time. This week, we’re very pleased to feature morning TV and radio host Cindy Burbano, who shares some of her favorites inside and outside the Loop.
My Top 5 Things to Do in Houston
by Cindy Burbano
- Buffalo Bayou Park on Allen Parkway – One of my favorite places to walk with my doggies and enjoy the beautiful scenery. It is ideal for a picnic!
- Houston’s Food Scene – I am a big foodie and Houston is the perfect city for fabulous cuisine. One of my favorite spots for a couple years now has been Brasserie 19 in River Oaks. My friend Shepard Ross did it again with Pax Americana. This is a must with great food and wonderful atmosphere. Hugo’s, Corner Table, Masraff’s, DaMarco… I could go on for days. Houston has so many great restaurants.
- The Good Space Pilates and Yoga Studio – I am in love with pilates and the teachers at Good Space are amazing. The classes are small and the variety of classes are perfect!
- Urban Harvest Farmers Market – This is a great place to visit on Saturday morning. If you are looking for fresh produce, this is a must!
- Galleria Mall – Yes, I said it… Since I was a little girl, my family would come shopping at the Galleria and ever since then my shopping addiction began. Anything you are looking for you will find in this huge mall. I love it!
About Cindy Burbano
Cindy Burbano is an Ecuadorian-Venezuelan journalist, DJ, and morning anchor. You can see her on Telemundo’s National Morning Show Un Nuevo Dia and listen to her on Mega 101 Houston‘s Mega en tus Mañanas from 5am to 10am. Cindy’s passion for communicating and representing her Hispanic Community has led her to become a face on television and voice on the radio nationwide.