Want to see Astros Opening Day baseball, but don’t want to handle the ballpark crowd? We round up a list of great Downtown Houston bars where you can see the ‘stros kick the new season off on Monday, April 6, 2015.
Love the sound of a bat cracking a dinger over left field, but hate getting up 33 times because Junior has to keep hitting the can? Love throwing back a few cold ones while the ‘stros play, but don’t like the sweaty guy next to you encroaching over your armrest? You can still see your hometown boys in action without the hassle. Take a look at some great Downtown Houston bars where you can watch the game and not have to worry about leg room or socially uncomfortable situations.
5 Great Downtown Bars to Watch Houston Astros Baseball
- El Big Bad – This taco and tequila haven sports a stellar happy hour with $3 off margs. Daily happy hour, 3pm to 7pm; Regular hours Sunday to Thursday, 11am to Midnight; Friday and Saturday, 11am to 2am. Map It.
- Lucky’s Pub – See the Astros turn two from the screens at this classic pub just on the eastside of the 45. Go for the $2 domestics or $3 wells during happy hour. Happy hour Monday to Friday, 4pm to 7pm; Regular daily hours, 11am to 2am. Map it.
- Sunny’s Bar – Start your own game at Sunny’s, like taking a dollar Jell-O shot every time the Astros score (or make an error, if you want to get hammered). Monday, 4pm to Midnight; Tuesday to Friday, 2pm to 2am; Saturday, 5pm to 2am. Map it.
- Lobby Bar at Hilton Americas – Class it up a bit, brotha! The Lobby Bar inside the Hilton Americas hotel offers great ambience, some frills, good eats, and the same screens you can see the game on at a pub. Monday to Friday, 2pm to 2am; Saturday, 11am to 2am; Sunday, Noon to 2am. Map it.
- The Springbok – Known primarily as a rugby pub, the downtown bar also hosts avid baseball fans during the season. Check out the better than usual pub grub like some amazing deviled eggs. Open daily, 11am to 2am. Map it.