From greasy goodness to delightful dishes, Houston’s burger scene continues to be on the rise. We round up some of H-Town’s best places to savor a solid burger.
It doesn’t matter if it’s near or far, Houstonians will travel for a good burger. Whether it’s a conventional quarter-pounder or fancy concoction, this city provides diners with plenty of choices to get their burger fix.
Give your tastes buds a tour of the city’s best burger options!
Houston’s 10 Best Burgers
- Hubcap Grill – Sporting hand-formed patties and a purist’s take on the classic heart-stopping greasy burger, Hubcap Grill is a burger lover’s paradise. We suggest the Hubcap Decker with twice the beef and cheese. Monday to Saturday, 11am to 3pm. Map it.
- Lankford Grocery & Market – Sitting in a quiet part of Montrose, this old school breakfast and lunch spot touts hearty hamburgers and fresh fries. Guests can choose from toppings like jalapenos, thick bacon, fried eggs, and even mac’n’cheese/heaven. Monday to Saturday, 7am to 3pm. Map it.
- Kenny & Ziggy’s – Known for its delectable menu choices of Jewish deli favorites, this Galleria-area eatery hoists up savory burgers for uber hungry diners. Those who go in with brisket on the mind are easily moved by the skirt steak and short rib blended patties. Open Monday to Friday, 7am to 9pm; Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 9pm. Map it.
- Bernie’s Burger Bus – What started out as literally a bus that flipped out hot and fresh burgers is now a brick-and-mortar Mecca. Fans of Bernie can get the same options at the buses roaming around Houston as they can at the shop including spicy and tangy Cheerleader with pepperjack cheese and jalapenos. Sunday to Thursday, 11am to 9pm; Friday and Saturday, 11am to 9:30pm. Map it.
- Hay Merchant – The conjoined sibling of Underbelly plates up a hefty double-double (extra beef and cheese) made with in-house ground beef from chef Chris Shepherd. Monday to Friday, 3pm to 2am; Saturday and Sunday, 11am to 2am. Map it.
- Zelko Bistro – Go big and try the Heights cafe’s “Boss” burger with bacon and caramelized onions on a fancy shmancy brioche bun. Tuesday to Saturday, 11am to 10pm; Sunday, 10am to 9pm. Map it.
- The Counter – Chain restaurants don’t fare better than one-off, chef-driven food spots, but the national burger provider is doing just fine. Pick a pack of sliders or build your own burger and pair with beer options or a thick milkshake, #America! Monday to Sunday, 11am to 10pm. Map it.
- C & D Burger Shoppe – This former Dairy Queen keep its charm with classic cheeseburger and fries combos. The burgers are definitely all that, but definitely make sure to dig on the crunchy French fries. Monday to Saturday, 10am to 9pm. Map it.
- Moon Tower Inn – What makes this bar-with-a-backyard more awesome is its full menu of interesting hot dog choices and local brews. But, since this is a burger list, definitely make sure to try the bar’s juicy stacked burgers. And go on Wednesdays for a killer buy one-get one deal. Monday to Thursday, 2pm to 2am; Friday and Saturday, Noon to 3am; Sunday, Noon to Midnight. Map it.
- BRC Gastropub – A great happy hour location with a menu of Southern fried favorites, BRC also grills up a downright decadent pub burger with sweet maple bacon, perfect for after work grubbing. Monday to Thursday, 11am to 10pm; Friday, 11am to 11pm; Saturday, 10am to 11pm; Sunday, 10am to 10pm. Map it.