Keep the learning going and get your kids to Houston’s museums during Spring Break 2015.
Spring Break is already here, which means that summer is just around the corner and the school year is almost out. To keep the mind busy, and to keep the rascals out of trouble, check out some of our favorite museums around town.
Spring Break at Houston Museums
- Houston Zoo – Have the kids check out a sea lion show or get “The Scoop on Poop, a new exhibit about all things…well, you get the idea. Finish off the break with the Zoo’s free city-wide block party held at the Houston Food Park, Saturday, March 21, at 1pm, and celebrate the return of Silverback gorillas. Tickets $16 adults, $12 children; Open daily, 9am to 7pm. Map it.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science – Swing by the HMNS and see the newest exhibitions, Samurai: Way of the Warrior and Wildlife Photographer of the Year. Have an even sweeter day and stop by on a Thursday between 2pm and 5pm when everyone gets in free to see the permanent exhibits. Tickets $20 adults, $15 children. Open daily, 9am to 6pm. Map it.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – Also touting a free Thursday, the MFAH is home to a plethora of fun ideas and activities for teens and kids. Start at the Kinder Foundation Education Center (KFEC) and pick up a Family Fun Pack, complete with hands-on activities, games, and books. Stroll through the galleries on self-guided tours or head over to the Museum’s Bayou Bend and Gardens for outdoors events. Tickets $15 adults, $7.50 teens aged 13-18, free for children under 12. Open Tuesday and Wednesday, 10am to 5pm; Thursday, 10am to 9pm; Friday and Saturday, noon to 7pm; Sundays, 12:15pm to 7pm. Map it.
- Children’s Museum of Houston – Kids can get silly and choose from a number of activities at the Children’s Museum including a pie fight, a soda geyser showdown, and a bungee trampoline. Tickets $10 for adults and children, $9 for seniors over 65. Open Monday to Wednesday, 10am to 6pm; Thursday, 10am to 8pm; Friday and Saturday, 10am to 6pm; Sunday, noon to 6pm. Map it.
- The Health Museum – For a truly interactive Spring Break, the Health Museum sports hands-on activities like sheep brain dissections, 4-D movie experiences, and Health and Wellness days. Tickets $9 adults, $7 for children. Open Tuesday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm; Sunday, noon to 5pm. Map it.