Make the most of your month with our list of our 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during March 2015.
A lot of star-studded events are taking place in Houston this month. Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Ariana Grande, John Legend, and Luke Bryan will perform at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Hozier is taking the stage at Warehouse Live, and the Houston Rockets are hosting a dog walk in Hermann Park. There are still plenty of events that will make you stop and smell the azaleas, spend quality time with your family, and make sure you’re well fed. Scroll down to check out our top 15 event picks for this month.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in the order they start during the month of March with the daily option closing out the list.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston in March 2015
- 3rd Annual Dog Walk with the Houston Rockets | Sunday, March 1 – The Houston Rockets host their 3rd annual dog walk in Hermann Park followed by a post-walk party.
- French Cultures Festival inside the Loop | Sunday, March 1 to Saturday March 14; Tuesday, March 17; Wednesday, March 25 – Join the French Consulate in Houston for a month of events dedicated to the French culture. Experience the Double Life exhibition at CAMH, see a screening of Win Win, enjoy live music during the kick-off concert at Discovery Green, attend the Texas French Symposium and more.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG Park | Tuesday, March 3 to Sunday, March 22 – The world’s largest rodeo is set up for three weeks of livestock shows, carnival rides, fried food, horse shows, shopping, rodeo competition and concerts.
- Azalea Trail at River Oaks Garden Club | Friday, March 6 to Sunday, March 8 – River Oaks Garden Club welcomes spring with a trail of locations that showcase Houston’s blooming Azaleas in colors ranging from yellow to purple.
- FUNomenal Family Festival at Discovery Green | Saturday, March 7 | FREE to attend – Bring the whole family to Discovery Green for a day packed with fun activities. Kids will enjoy everything from musical and dance performances to rides, obstacles and Baby Olympics.
- Bayou Jamboree & Gumbo Showdown at Market Square Park | POSTPONED – Chow down on gumbo samples from competing teams and wash it down with Saint Arnold brews. Enjoy live music and cajun food from Treebeard’s pop-up booth. UPDATE: 3/2/15. The event has been rescheduled to Saturday, May 9, 2015 due to expected inclement weather.
- AIDS Walk 2015 at Sam Houston Park | Sunday, March 8 – Walk with a purpose and raise money for AIDS service organizations during this year’s AIDS Walk Houston. Fundraise with the 365 Houston Fans team for a chance to win a Fitbit Surge.
- Tour de Houston | Sunday, March 15 – Tour de Houston allows locals to see the city from the seat of their bike. Competitive and casual cyclists will have the option of riding a 20, 40 or 60-mile route.
- Saint Patrick’s Day Parties | Tuesday, March 17 – Everyone is at least a little Irish on Saint Patricks Day and Houston’s many watering holes embrace the holiday whole heartedly. Check back this week for a full round-up of our favorite St. Patrick destinations around Greater Houston.
- Hozier in Concert at Warehouse Live | Thursday, March 19 – Grammy nominee Hozier is paying a visit to Houston with George Ezra in tow for an unforgettable performance at Warehouse Live. First run tickets are sold out, but limited number of tickets may be available on Ticket Monster or TicketNetwork’s resale sites.
- A Celebr8tion of Beer at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday, March 21 – 8th Wonder Brewery is celebrating their second anniversary with a night of music headlined by The Suffers and lots of beer including a special release for the celebr8tion.
- Bayou City Art Festival at Memorial Park | Friday, March 27 to Sunday, March 29 – The Bayou City Art Festival showcases pieces from over 400 artists, including works from featured artist Gregory Arth. Spend the weekend at Memorial Park observing fine art and enjoying the outdoors.
- WipeOut Run Houston | Sunday, March 28 – The Wipeout Run is coming to Baytown challenging participants to make their way through 12 obstacles including the infamous “big balls”, “sweeper” and “wrecking ball”. The 5k race is untimed and will consist of two waves – one beginning at 8:30am, and another at 11:30am for those who want to sleep in. story possibly pending on 365
- Hermann Park Kite Festival | Sunday, March 29 – Take to the skies during this family friendly festival. Food trucks, jugglers, ribbon dancers, face painting and kite making will make for an action-packed day.
- Menu of Menus Extravaganza at Silver Street Station | Tuesday, March 31 – The 13th Annual Menu of Menus showcases food and drink from around the city. Guests will enjoy cocktails, food samples and live music during this event at Silver Street Station.
- VegOut! Houston | Daily – Recipe For Success Foundation’s VegOut! challenges Houstonians to eat 30 different vegetables in 30 days. Click here for a list of participating restaurants.