Make the most of your week with our top event picks happening in Houston from February 23 to March 1, 2015.
Just got engaged? Really into fishing? Love the Houston Rockets? Scroll down for this week’s top events that include everything from seeing pop star Meghan Trainor in concert to the highly anticipated BBQ Cook-off.
And if you’re looking for more great stuff throughout the month, be sure to check out our top 15 things to do in Houston in February 2015.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Flash Sale at West Ave | Tuesday, February 24 – Take advantage of big discounts from retailers like Sam and Lilli, Q Clothier and Tootsies, services from Vanity Lounge, Dr. Roth and more during this three-hour flash sale at West Ave. Fill up on food and drink specials during Tasty Tuesdays – happening from 5pm to 7pm – at participating West Ave restaurants. 4pm to 7pm.
- Planting on the Parkway Happy Hour Kickoff | Tuesday, February 24 – Join Young Professional groups RedBuds and Bayou Buddies for a happy hour to kick off the 13th Annual Planting on the Parkway. Enjoy cocktails and bites at extended Happy Hour prices from Museum Park Cafe. The upcoming service project will take place in Buffalo Bayou Park on Saturday, March 21. 6pm to 8pm.
- The Creative Heart of Houston | Wednesday, February 25 – Head to Silver Street Studios for this free bridal event where you’ll meet industry experts, sample catering offerings and get décor ideas for your wedding day. Pop Shop will share DIY projects and Damsel White Label will end the evening with a fashion show of the latest bridal trends. Free. 5pm to 9pm.
- Cinema Canvas Cuisine | Wednesday, February 25 – CityCentre is hosting an afternoon of art, film and food. Enjoy breakfast followed by a screening of Healing Magdalene at Studio Movie Grill. Watch a performance from Dancers in White and view works from artist Tom DuBois. Lastly, guests will be treated to lunch from Eddie V’s. RSVP required; $50 suggested donation. 10am to 3pm.
- Meghan Trainor at House of Blues| Wednesday, February 25 – See Meghan Trainor perform hits like All About That Bass and Lips Are Movin at House of Blues. The 21 year old singer and two-time Grammy nominee is sure to put on a show-stopping performance during her visit in Houston. First round tickets are sold out, but a limited number of tickets are available on the TicketNetwork and Ticket Monster resale sites. 6pm.
- Houston Rockets vs the LA Clippers at Toyota Center| Wednesday, February 25 – The Rockets fend off the boys from Los Angeles. You’ll likely find cheaper or better seas on the TicketNetwork and Ticket Monster resale sites. 6pm. 7pm.
- 40th Annual Houston Fishing Show | Wednesday, February 25 to Sunday, March 1 – Go fishing for lines, hooks, nets and rods at this annual expo. You’ll get tips on bait and fish patterns, and learn tricks of the trade from industry professionals. $9; $2 children. Noon to 9pm Thursday and Friday; 10am to 7pm Saturday; 10am to 6pm Sunday.
- Barbecue Cook-off at NRG Park | Thursday, February 26 to Saturday, February 28 – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is finally here, and they are kicking off the 2015 season with one of the most anticipated events of the year – the BBQ Cook-off. The three-day event is packed with a spectacular lineup of live music performances and over 250 teams battling for the title of champion in one of the many bar-b-que categories. While the majority of the team tents are invitation-only, the public is invited to enjoy the festival grounds, carnival, food, beer, live music from the Miller Lite Stage and the public tent Rockin’ Bar-B-Que Saloon. $15; $5 children aged 3 to 12; free for children 2 and under. 5pm to 11pm Thursday; noon to 11pm Friday; 9am to 11pm Saturday.
- An Evening with Adrian Hayes at the Houstonian | Friday, February 27 – Extreme adventurer, Adrian Hayes will visit Houston to speak and share his presentation K2: The Tragedy & The Triumph during this gala benefitting The Denali Foundation. Enjoy a seated dinner and live entertainment while honoring the memory of Denali and Marty Schmidt at The Houstonian Hotel. $150; VIP $350; tables start at $1000. 6:30pm to 10:30pm.
- BAW III | Friday, February 27 to Sunday, March 1 – Have a BadAssWeekend jam packed with live music during this three-day event in Houston. More than 50 bands will perform at participating venues throughout the weekend. Venues include Fitzgerald’s, Mango’s, Walter’s and Rudyard’s. Click here for the schedule. $50 weekend pass; $25 Friday pass; $30 Saturday pass; $25 Sunday pass. Times vary.
- 3rd Annual Dog Walk with the Houston Rockets | Sunday, March 1 – Join the Houston Rockets with your four-legged friend for a one-mile walk through Hermann Park. Stick around afterwards for a post-walk party with prizes and vendors offering all sorts of goodies. $35 registration includes a ticket to an upcoming Rockets game, doggie bandana and a t-shirt. 8am.