Get your fill of finger lickin’ barbeque at the Houston Rodeo’s World Championship Bar-B-Que Contest taking place at NRG Park from Thursday, February 26 through Saturday, February 28, 2015.
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is finally upon us. And the 2015 season is starting with one of the most anticipated events of the year – the beloved Barbecue Cookoff.
Formally known as World Championship Bar-B-Que Contest, this three-day event is packed with a spectacular lineup of live music performances and teams battling for the title of champion in one of the many bar-b-que categories.
Over 250 teams will be competing in this year’s cookoff at NRG Park, including teams that were hailed champion of the Brisket (Fayette County Go Texan), Ribs (Tejas Cookers) and Chicken (BBQ Commanders) categories in 2014.
While the majority of the team tents are invitation-only, the public is invited to enjoy the festival grounds, carnival, food, beer, live music from the Miller Lite Stage and the public tent Rockin’ Bar-B-Que Saloon.
Visit the Chuck Wagon for a complimentary chopped beef sandwich plate – included with your purchase of admission.
Head to The Garden to swarm the Miller Lite Stage for performances by artists like the Turnpike Troubadours, Aaron Watson and Bart Crow Band.
The WCBBQ Awards presentation will take place on the Miller Lite Stage at 7pm on Saturday.
Click here to see a map of the festival grounds.
World Championship Bar-B-Que Cookoff at NRG Park
- Dates: Thursday, February 26 through Saturday, February 28, 2015
- Times: 5pm to 11pm Thursday; noon to 11pm Friday; 9am to 11pm Saturday
- Location: NRG Park, 1 NRG Parkway, Houston, TX 77054
- Parking: Parking is available in the Miller Lite yellow lot and the 610 lot for $20. Additional parking is available at offsite shuttle locations.
- Admission: $15; $5 children aged 3 to 12; free for children 2 and under.