Sunday, December 7[/quote_box_right]
Saturday, December 6, 2014
- Sweet and Savory Saturday Leisure Class at Culinary Institute LeNôtre – Whip up dishes like paella Valencia, gazpacho and verrines in a leisure class at LeNotre. $70 per person. 9:30am to 1pm.
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Premiere Screening | FREE – Catch a sneak peek at the premiere of Downton Abbey season 5 courtesy of Houston Public Media. While the event is free, RSVPs are required. 10am in Tomball and Richmond; 7:30pm in Houston.
- Kid’s 1st Saturday at The Breakfast Club | FREE to attend – Bring the kids to this Saturday morning kids brunch at The Breakfast Club for face painting, music and games. 10am to 2pm.
- 5th Annual DesignCraft 2014 | FREE to attend – Browse the work of local artists and crafters as they display and sell their goods at DesignCraft. 10am to 5pm.
- Bizarre Holiday Market at Mid-Main | FREE to attend – Shop items from local artisans, enjoy live music and a Beer Garden from Oasis, Texas Brewing Company in the Art Garden. 10am to 6pm.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | FREE – Encourage your kids to get creative during the Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Cookies and Storytime at San Jacinto Mall | FREE to attend – Bring the kids to enjoy cookies and a classic holiday story read by a special guest. For children ages 10 and younger. 11am to noon.
- First Saturday Arts Market in the Heights | FREE – Enjoy good food, browse fine and eclectic art and get outside at a holiday edition of this monthly Heights favorite. 11am to 6pm.
- The 12 Divas of Christmas: Joy to the Girls at the Kaleidoscope Theater – Hear your favorite Christmas songs performed by incredible female vocalists at The 12 Divas of Christmas. $30. 2pm and 8pm.
- Reel Reads at Julia Ideson Library | FREE – Watch a collection of animated short films based on books at this family friendly screening. 3pm.
- Yellow Rose Distillery’s Male-Centric Shopping Event – Find the perfect items for the men in your life (or yourself) over free samples of Yellow Rose products while browsing a wide variety of guy-centric gifts and knick-knacks. 4pm to 6pm.
- An Evening of Christmas Jazz at Trinity Episcopal Church – Enjoy An Evening of Christmas Jazz at this annual concert. Stick around after the show for coffee and dessert. $20. 6pm to 8pm.
- Christmas on MainStreet in The Woodlands – Visit Santa, Mrs. Claus, Frosty and the Gingerbread Man at Christmas on MainStreet in The Woodlands. $20; free for members and children under 15. 6pm to 9pm.
- Silver Street Studios Holiday Art Party | FREE to attend – Join the 45 artists in residence at Silver Street for live music and sweet treats while you shop and browse their selection of paintings, sculptures, jewelry, photography, clothing designs, printmaking, mixed media and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns at Toyota Center – Get loud at the Rockets game against the Phoenix Suns. Tickets start at $14, but you may find cheaper or better tickets on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Rice Owls vs. St. Edwards Hilltoppers at Rice’s Tudor Fieldhouse – The Owls fend off the boys from hills of South Austin. You may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm.
- Claudia Acuña in Concert at Wortham Theater Center – The charming, New York-based Chilean jazz singer comes to Houston to perform songs from her album En Este Momento as well as some Latin jazz classic. $37.50 to $67.50; limited discounted $10 to $37.50 tickets are available. 8pm.
- The Bar-Kays and Lakeside in Concert at the Arena Theatre – Catch an epic performance of epic old-school funk, R&B and soul jams in the round with Memphis-based Bar-Kays (known for hits like “Soul Finger,” “Son of Shaft” and “Holy Ghost”) and 70s and 80s favorites Lakeside (known for songs like “It’s All the Way Live,” “Raid” and “Outrageous“). $50; discounted $25 tickets available for a limited time. 8pm.
- Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston this weekend are happening all weekend long.
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Bayou Bikers at Market Square Park | FREE – Meet at Market Square Park to explore the Houston waterways by bike with Bayou Bikers. Rides are typically 25 to 40 miles long. 8am.
- Repticon Houston in Pasadena – Calling all reptile and amphibian fans to Repticon Houston at the Pasadena Convention Center. $10; $5 children aged 5 to 12; discounted $15 family four packs are available on Groupon for a limited time; free for children 4 and under. 10am to 4pm.
- Awesome Toy Collector Show in the Energy Corridor – Buy, sell and trade your vintage and modern toy collectibles including Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, Power Rangers, Transformers, Walking Dead, Barbie, G.I. Joe and more at this afternoon toy fair. $3; free for ages 12 and under. 11am to 4pm.
- Bammel Church of Christ Christmas Market – Shop for handmade gifts during the Christmas Market at Bammel Church of Christ. 11:30am to 5pm.
- Sunday Streets HTX at East End & Fifth Ward | FREE to attend – Get active by walking, cycling, running and/or skating down Navigation Boulevard during Sunday Streets Houston. Noon to 4pm.
- Pictures with Santa at Houston Fire Museum | FREE – Snap a photo of your child(ren) with Santa and enjoy kid-friendly activities at the Houston Fire Museum. Goodie bags will be given to the first 100 kids. Noon to 5pm.
- Off-Centered by Houston City Dance – Watch the Houston City Dance Company along with guests perform new works in Off-Centered. $20; $15 students. 2:30pm.
- Holiday Tea at The Heritage Society – Enjoy a cup of tea along with sweet and savory treats in Connally Plaza at The Heritage Society’s Holiday Tea. $50; $35 for children 12 and under. 3pm.
- Winter Beer Stroll at Tony Mandola’s – Sip your way through six light bite and beer pairings at the Tony Mandola’s Winter Beer Stroll. $28 in advance; $35 at the door; $10 discount for military personnel with ID. 3pm to 5pm.
- 11th Annual H-Town Sneaker Summit at NRG Center – See the latest styles and checkout the rare and sought-after footware of hardcore sneaker collectors and browse the wares of more than 200 vendors at this family-friendly event. $25. 3pm to 6pm.
- BCBC’s Annual Holiday Party and Toy Drive – Join the Bayou City Boy’s Club for light bites and cocktails at their Holiday Party and Toy Drive. Bring an unwrapped toy or monetary donation for admission into the event. 3pm to 6pm.
- Downtown Food Tour – Get a taste of several downtown restaurants during this walking food tour. $59. 4pm to 6:45pm.
- Sunday Supper with the Pope in an Outstanding Home – Reserve your spot at a private dinner prepared by Chef Monica Pope in a stunning, 100-year old Houston home designed by Birdsall Briscoe and listed in the National Historical Registry and currently listed with John Daugherty, Realtors. $100. 4pm to 7pm.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston this weekend are happening all weekend long.
Is your favorite event missing from our list? Add it in the comments below!