Catch your favorite family and holiday flicks for free at Friday Night Flicks on The Ice at Discovery Green every Friday night through February 6, 2015.
During Houston’s short winter season, you can catch a family film on Friday evenings at The Ice at Discovery Green. Enjoy classic and new Christmas films in the weeks leading up to December 25. Afterwards, there will be an assortment of family films, most with a fantasy or other-wordly theme.
It’s free to watch the movies, but normal $13 skating fees apply if you choose to venture out onto the ice. Guests who plan to sit and watch are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs to view from the White Promenade and Lake House Deck.
Food, beer and wine are available for purchase at the Lake House.
Friday Night Flicks at The ICE Movie Schedule
- Maleficent (2014) | November 28, 2014 – 8:30pm to 10:15pm
- A Christmas Story (1983) | December 5, 2015 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947) | December 12, 2014 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Disney’s Frozen (2013) | December 19, 2014 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Home Alone (1990) | December 26, 2014 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Where the Wild Things Are (2009) | January 2, 2015 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm [RESCHEDULED TO SUNDAY, JANUARY 18 DUE TO WEATHER]
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) | January 9 2015 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm [CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER]
- March of the Penguins ( 2005) | January 16, 2015 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Edward Scissorhands (1990) | January 23, 2015 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Oz the Great and Powerful (2013) | January 30, 2015 – 7:30pm to 9:30pm
- Jim Hensen’s Labyrinth (1986) | February 6, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Film screenings may be cancelled during inclement weather. You can click on individual movie names above for the latest update from Discovery Green on the day of, or leading up to, the scheduled screening.