Celebrate the mild Houston winter at the largest outdoor rink in the Southwest at The Ice at Discovery Green from Tuesday, November 25, 2014 to February 8, 2015.
It’s time for the holidays in Houston. Until early February 2015, the Ice will be open at Discovery Green! The park’s model boat basin is drained and transformed into an ice rink for everyone to enjoy.
In the shadow of the skyline, even the littlest kids can enjoy ice skating. In addition to the regular ice rink there is a small toddler rink. Also, some of the small sized skates have double blades making it easier to balance.
Whether you have a toddler you want to teach to skate, are learning to skate yourself, or are a champion ice skater, Discovery Green is the place to be. Hold on to the glass on the outside of the rink or zip through the middle.
Admission is $13 per person and includes skate rentals. Special events include a weekly Cheap Skate Day and Skate with Santa Saturdays.
Theme Nights on The Ice
- Mondays | Cheap Skate Nights, 4pm to 10pm (excludes 12/22, 12/29, 1/5, 1/19) and Jazz on Ice, 7pm to 9pm
- Tuesdays | Two Step Tuesdays, 6pm to 10pm, with line dancing lessons from 7pm to 8pm
- Wednesdays | Latin Nights on Ice, 6pm to 10 pm, with a Zumba class from 6:30pm to 7:30pm (excludes 12/24 and 12/31)
- Thursdays | Hot Nights on Ice, 7pm to 10 pm, with Karaoke from 8pm to 9pm (excludes 12/25, 1/1 and 1/8)
- Fridays | Friday Night Flicks, times and films vary by week
- Sundays | Houston Skating Stars demonstrations, 6pm to 6:15 pm
Click here for updates on the Ice at Discovery Green.
The Ice at Discovery Green
- Dates: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 through Sunday, February 8, 2015
- Location: Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney St, Houston, TX 77010
- Parking: Metered street parking; free after 6pm and all day Sunday.
- Admission: $13 per person (includes skate rental). You can get 90-minute tickets for two for $14 on Groupon for a very limited time.