Plan your perfect Halloween, kicking off on Thursday October 30 and continuing through the big day itself with our extensive list of Houston Halloween parties, bashes and events for grown-ups in 2014.
Whether you’re looking for a wild party, a posh costume ball, a swanky catered costume affair or something more laidback, there’s a party in Houston this Halloween with your name on it.
Be sure to check out our full round up of Houston’s Halloween haunted houses and ghost tours.
Thursday, October 30
- Fanatical Change Hollywood Halloween Party: Cocktails and Costumes at the Diamond Club at Minute Maid Park – Usher in Halloween at a massive costumed cocktail party that gives all its proceeds to help Houston families in dire distress. $30 minimum donation in advance; $40 at the door. 7pm to 1am.
- Creepy Crawly Cocktail Party at the Houston Zoo – Join Houston’s young professional organization Flock’s Halloween cocktail festivities in the Zoo. $40 to $50 for nonmembers; free for Flock members.
- The Masque of the Red Death at Prohibition Supperclub and Bar – Join in a totally immersive theater experience as the soon-to-open Prohibition becomes the castle of Prince Prospero, who defies the plague and pestilence outside his walls with a lavish, indulfent party populated by costumed partygoers and the Moonlight Dolls. Starts at $50. 10pm.
Halloween Night, Friday, October 31
- Howl-O-Ween Bash at Howl at the Moon – Liven up your Halloween with dueling pianos, spooky drink specials and a costume contests with $2,000 total in prizes to be given away. No cover. Door opens at 5:30pm.
- 8th Annual Bayou City Outdoors Haunted Hike and Pizza Party at Memorial Park | FREE – Join Bayou City Outdoors for a spooky, but not terror-evoking, evening hike on the nature trails in Memorial Park, followed by an outdoor pizza party. BYOB and no glass bottles. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Scream on the Green and Frankenweenine Movie Screening at Discovery Green | FREE – Show up for Houston’s citywide costume contest and family Halloween celebration. After the contest, stick around for Tim Burton’s stop-motion animated family film Frankenweenie. 6pm; movie starts at 7pm.
- Critical Massacre Bike Ride – The monthly Houston Critical Mass bike ride takes a dark turn for Halloween night. Riders, most in costume will depart from Market Square Park at 7pm.
- 8th Annual Montrose Crawl | FREE to join – Don your best costume and join this progressive party through Montrose’s most popular haunts. There are no tickets or covers and most bars will be offering drink speacials. 7pm to midnight.
- STRAITS Restaurant and Lounge Halloween Weekend – Dress up and mingle in costumer over special Grey Goose cocktails and other spooky treats at CityCentre. 7pm to 2am.
- RA Sushi Bar Restaurant’s Boo Bash – Find a big Halloween party at both the Highland Village and CityCentre locations, featuring food and drink specials, a costume contest, and a guest DJ. 7pm to close. No cover.
- HalloWINE at the Corkscrew – Enjoy specialty drinks, a costume contest and music from Nick Greer and the G’s at this Heights neighborhood patio and piano bar. No cover. 7:30pm.
- 3rd Annual Haunting of the Américas Halloween Party – Dress to kill and head over to Américas River Oaks for a wicked good time at their annual Halloween costume bash. 8pm to close.
- Spirits & Skeletons Halloween Mixer at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Enjoy live music, dancing, libations and food truck goodies Music from Molly & the Ringwalds, DJ Dame Hype and DJ Ken. Costumes are encouraged. $35; $25 for members. 8pm to midnight.
- Great Pumpkin Party at Underdogs Sports Pub – Celebrate Halloween with a special evening featuring seven pumpkin beers on tap and pumpkin-infused rum, gin, vodka and whiskey. No cover. Open until 2am.
- Discoween at Continental Club – It’s boogie oogie oogie time as the Disco Expressions take to the stage. Costumes are mandatory and funkiest 70s costumes will be most celebrated. $15 at the door or Sig’s Lagoon. 8pm to 2am.
- Zombie Prom 2014 at Bayou Music Center – Rock away your Halloween night at this party that’s exactly what it sounds like: a prom. For zombies. $20; $10 on Groupon. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers Halloween – Head to the Montrose landmark for a Friday night Halloween throwdown. Cash prizes are promised for best costumes. $5 before 10pm. Doors open at 9pm.
- The Masque of the Red Death at Prohibition Supperclub and Bar – Join in a totally immersive theater experience as the soon-to-open Prohibition becomes the castle of Prince Prospero, who defies the plague and pestilence outside his walls with a lavish, indulfent party populated by costumed partygoers and the Moonlight Dolls. Starts at $50.10pm.
- 4th Annual Midtown Spookfest – Pub Fiction, 3rd Floor and Celtic Gardens join forces for a 40,000-square foot party. Costumed guests who arrive before 10:30pm can compete for some of the $2,000 in cash prizes. No cover. Repeats on Saturday, November 1, 2014. 7pm to 2am.
- Disney Princess, Princes and Villians Adult Costume Party at Dogwood – Dogwood aims to become an unlicensed Disneyland at a Halloween costume party with a Disney theme.
- Halloween Freak Show at Hotel Zaza – Put some swank in your spook with this special costumed ball at Monarch, with music by DJ Lady Buddy. 10pm to 2am. $75.