Experience Korea’s culture through the culinary, artistic, and theatrical exhibitions presented at the Korean Festival on Discovery Green on Saturday, October 18, 2014 from 10am to 7pm.
Discover performances by traditional Korean dancers, Korean folk musicians, TaeKwonDo masters, and Korean American musicians who will take to the stage on the Jones Lawn.
Houstonians will join the city’s Korean community, sampling great foods from specialty vendors and enjoying other intriguing Korean and Korean American wares for sale.
2014 K-Fest Performance Schedule
- Opening ceremony – 11:30am
- Houston Farmers Dance | energetic percussion rythms – noon
- KORUS | Korean American youth choir – 12:15pm
- Gayageum by Ryoo Myoung Soon | 12-string Korean instrument – 12:45pm
- Lee Yun Hwa Dance Group | cultural dance group – 1pm
- Rice SMNR | Traditional Korean Percussion Instrument Group – 1:15pm
- Kumdo Academy | martial arts – 1:30pm
- Hwarang TKD | Korean Tae Kwon Do – 2:30pm
- Kim Kuja School of Dance | women’s fan dance and children’s dance – 3pm
- Kimchi Easting Contest – 4pm
- DEMO-MENTUM | Korean Tae Kwon Do – 4:45pm
- Wonderbox | dance group – 5:15pm
- Heus | Korean hip hop artist – 5:30pm
- J.U. (Stephen Jung) | Asian hip hop musician and rapper – 5:45pm
- DANakaDAN | hip hop artist and YouTube Star – 6pm
2014 K-Fest | Houston Korean Festival
- Date: Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Times: 10am to 7pm
- Location: Jones Lawn, Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney Houston, Texas 77010
- Admission: Free