Enjoy a special five-day parade of curries in honor of National Curry Week at Springbok, the South African restaurant and rugby bar, from Monday, October 13 to Friday, October 17, 2014.
Given its country- and continent-spanning observation, it should probably be called International Curry Week. The event is traditionally celebrated around the world, including a big celebration in Great Britain, where more than 200 restaurants come together to stage special events and challenges.
Owned by South African native Peter Walker, Springbok has been serving South African dishes since summer, including a number of popular curries. For National Curry Week, the restaurant is presenting Houston spice-lovers with an upcoming week-long tribute to curry.
Daily Line-up for National Curry Week at Springbok
- Monday – chicken bunny chow
- Tuesday – short rib curry, with tamarind chutney
- Wednesday – antelope vindaloo, with pickled peach chutney
- Thursday – wild boar curry
- Friday – oxtail in red curry (shown above)