Enjoy gulf coastal goodness at Danton’s in the Museum District during Houston Restaurant Weeks, happening through Monday, September 1, 2014.
This month we’re taking a closer look at some of the special meals being served up across Houston during Houston Restaurant Weeks 2014. Today, we caught up with Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen’s executive chef and co-owner Danton Nix to compile a quick dossier to reveal more about his special dinner meal.
Danton’s is also offering a $25 brunch menu during Houston Restaurant Weeks.
Restaurant: Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
Houston Restaurant Weeks Dinner Menu:
- First Course – Choice of half dozen gulf oysters on the half shell, half dozen boiled shrimp or a wedge salad.
- Second Course – Choice of grilled redfish, Seafood Courtboullion, fried oyster dinner, pecan crusted rainbow trout or Oysters Kyle
- Third Course – Choice of white chocolate bread pudding, créme brule or Patsy’s Chocolate Monkey Cake
For every dinner sold, $7 goes to support the Houston Food Bank.
Danton Nix on including Seafood Courtboullion on the Menu:
“I choose to put Courtboullion on the menu because this dish combines many of the flavors that I love and represents the style of food I’m cooking”.
Danton Nix on the Creation of this Top-Selling Dish:
“[Co-owner] Kyle [Teas] and I both love oysters and one day in the beginning I was fooling around the kitchen preparing and cooking oysters in different ways. I was sautéing some in a white wine, garlic lemon butter sauce. Then I added some green onion and Dan’s spice and asked Kyle to try them. He said, ‘Man those are great. What do you call them?’ and I said, ‘Oysters Kyle.’ We both got a good laugh out of it and it’s become are one of our top selling dishes.”
Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
- Location: 4611 Montrose Blvd, Houston, TX 77006
- Phone: 713-807-8883
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 11am to 2:30pm, 4:30pm to 10pm; Sunday 11am to 4pm
- Happy Hour: Monday to Saturday 4pm to 7pm