Wander through the hands-on Discover the Dinosaurs exhibit, consisting of over 40 moving and replica museum quality dinosaurs, at NRG Center from Friday, August 8 to Sunday, August 10, 2014.
Families will explore eight dinosaur dioramas, representing the periods of time in which the dinosaurs lived. Some dinosaurs have simple animatronic movement, others are stationary. The mood is set by lighting, sound effects, movement and fog. Non-moving dinosaurs are positioned so that they can be touched safely.
Pick up a scavenger hunt map at the start of the exhibit and make a game of learning about each of the dinosaurs and displays.
For an additional fee, young guests can dive additional activities including the Dino Dig, Dino Den, gem and fossil panning, and taking a short ride on the back of an animatronic T-Rex or Triceratops.
Discover the Dinosaurs at NRG Center
- Dates: Friday, August 8 to Sunday, August 10, 2014
- Times: Friday noon to 9pm; Saturday 10am to 8pm; Sunday 10am to 7pm.
- Location: NRG Center, NRG Pkwy, Houston, TX 77054
- Admission: $18 ages 13 and up; $16 ages 2 to 12 (exhibit only); $25 ages 2 to 12 (exhibit plus activites); $16 ages 65 and up. Kids 1 year and under are free.
- Parking: $10 cash parking charge per vehicle